2├𝚂𝚊𝚢 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚜𝚎

« ⌑⌑⌑ »

𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 pulled her long black hair into a ponytail while rushing through the tower. The jet was set to leave in five minutes. She was only a little late. Bruce had wanted another check-up before she was leaving for Washington DC and her suit took longer to pull on than normal clothes.

Tony had insisted on her wearing the suit. Not the one she usually wore for missions. No, the nice one. The one made for showing off to the public. Professional but it played much more into her curves and feminine figure.

Cade might not be the smartest or know exactly when to pick her fights, but she was good at playing into how people saw her. Natasha used to be the one to do it, but she was becoming tired of the way people saw her, of always having to be an object and having to be nice and friendly, and smile. It was a heavy weight to bear. No one is ever constantly happy and pretending to be, was a true chore. So, Cade had taken over. All of them understood Natasha, and Cade was happy being able to pull her weight.

She rushed over the landing pad and into the black, gleaming jet, slightly out of breath as the cold morning air rushed in and out of her lungs.

"Finally!" Tony exclaimed, glancing up from his watch. Of course, he was in one of his nice suits too. Ready to present as the wealthy philanthropist Tony Stark.

"Yeah, yeah," she laughed and waved him off.

"Hi, Songbird," Steve chuckled from the corner, sending her a wave.

Bucky was sitting next to him, staring down at his feet and bouncing his right leg.

"Wow, don't you look handsome, cap?" She grinned and bounced over to peel his helmet off, ruffling up his blond hair. All of them had to be in their good suits, it seemed.

"Thanks," Steve sheepishly said, blushing slightly. His eyes went wide, glancing up at her. "Oh, um, you look nice too."

"Don't you always know what to say to make a girl feel special?" She chuckled and gently squeezed his shoulder. "I'm gonna talk to Tony and scope out what people are saying on social media."

"Sounds good," Steve shyly grinned and she turned her feet to follow in the footsteps of the Stark.

Tony sat in the cockpit on his phone. They had taken off already and FRIDAY was back in charge of everything. The first couple of trips, she had been amazed at how little noise the jet made. All of the technology had been an adjustment from her previously secluded life at Kamar-Taj.

"Have you gone on Twitter yet?" Tony asked and glanced up briefly from his phone. He seemed almost... serious. That couldn't be good.

"Not yet," she sighed, "what are they saying?"

"Here," he mumbled and handed over the phone. Cade didn't have to scroll far to realise what he was talking about. Everyone was bussing about The Winter Soldier becoming an avenger. Thread after thread on the subject.

Is anyone else kinda worried about it?

It's insane of them to make him an avenger. I'm
more stable than that guy
- LOL but literally
- YEAH isn't it less than a year since
he killed like 100 people???

I don't see what the guy could even bring to
the avengers. 
There's already one hot
super-soldier? Why do we need another?

Idk guys, winter soldier kinda hot

It's so fucking tactless! Do none of them realise
how it must feel for the victim's families? With
how many people he hurt I can't believe they're
letting him join.