13.

Skye's POV

Christian was waiting for me in the hospitality. As soon as I walked in, he walked to me. He put his hand on my arm and congratulated me.
News spread fast through this paddock.
"We obviously have to replace you for a couple of months, but we were hoping you can teach our new employee your ways" I expected Christian to replace me, he had to because I obviously wasn't gonna be able to work for a couple of months.

A guy walked up to us and smiled at me. "Hi, I'm Miles" he said as he shook my hand. I smiled at him. He was honestly looking pretty cute. "I'm Skye, I'm gonna teach you everything you need to know" I said and he nodded.
"I'm looking forward to that" he smirked a little but Christian quickly patted his back.
"I'm gonna leave you with her, she's the best" Miles took a step closer to me.
"I love your content but you should definitely stream more" I chuckled as he said that. He was not wrong though. I should definitely stream again.
"You're right, maybe we can stream together one day" I gave him a little nudge which made him smile.

I walked with him through the paddock, I was showing him around every hospitality and garage. 
"So here is Mclaren, Lando is just walking out. He's one of the drivers" I wasn't sure how much he knew about F1 so I just told him everything.
Lando looked at the both of us and nodded quickly.
He was probably getting ready for the race.
"We should head back because the race is about to start" We quickly walked back to the Red Bull garage.

Lando 🧡 :
Who's that guy?
Tell him to take a few steps back

That's Miles
He's just my replacement
Don't worry baby

Lol okay
But you're irreplaceable though 🧡

I smiled as I put my phone back. "Your boyfriend?" Miles pointed at my phone. I nodded quickly. I guess he didn't even know Lando was my boyfriend.

We were greeted by the mechanics and Max. He was just leaning against the table. "This is Miles, he will be my replacement" I said and Max nodded at him. He didn't seem too excited about that. "Hopefully you won't be gone for too long" he said as he grabbed his helmet and put it on.
He walked away and jumped in his car.

"Max doesn't seem to really like me" Miles said and I put my hand on his arm. "Don't worry, he doesn't really like anyone at first. I'm sure he will like you once he gets to know you" but I wasn't really sure about that. Lando would probably ask Max to keep an eye out for him.

—————————

I watched the race with Kelly. Miles was watching the race on the other side of the garage.
I was biting my nails, I was so nervous. Lando was on P1 for the entire race.
Unfortunately Max's car broke down only a couple of laps before the end of the race.

As expected he was in a terrible mood when he walked in the garage. I quickly looked at the tv screen and saw Lando finishing first. It was his first win. I was ready to ran to him but Christian shook his head.
Fuck, I had to stay here. I should've expected that.
I was paid by Red Bull, not Mclaren.

I spend the podium ceremony tweeting and filming the garage. I missed his first win. He was gonna be so mad.

Lando 🧡 :
Where are you?

Sorry baby
Can't be there right now
I have to teach Miles a lot

Are you serious?
It's my first win c'mon
I want you with me

But Red Bull wants me with them
I'll see you soon
And we will celebrate it together
I love you

————————-

A.N: an extra update because it's Christmas!! Hope you had a good one!

By the way, I really hope you're enjoying this story.