19.

I sat down in Zak's office and looked at him. He was looking down at his hands. "What's up Zak?" I smiled but my smile quickly disappeared when he looked at me.
"I am sorry Lando" he shook his head. Charlotte was standing next to him, she was looking at the ground.
Were they firing me? What the fuck was going on?
"What's going on?" I looked at the both of them.
I was getting annoyed. "Skye lost the baby"

I looked at them. "No, tell me you're making a sick joke" I shook my head. I obviously knew they wouldn't joke about this. They didn't respond which said enough. I put my head in my hands.
"For how long did you know?" I quickly looked up.
I saw the regret on Zak's face which answered my question. "Max called us during the race" I shook my head again. I couldn't believe this. That's why they were quiet. I knew something was wrong.
I got up and punched the table. "And you didn't fucking tell me? You just let me stand on that fucking podium laughing and spraying champagne while Skye needed me the most"
I pointed at the podium. I was still covered in champagne.
I looked at the table, my teeth clenched against each other.
"You let me do that while you all knew Skye lost our baby" I softly said. I almost whispered it.
I sat back down in the chair.

Charlotte walked up to me and pulled me in a hug.
"Go change, we will fix you a plane to England as soon as possible" she softly said.
I nodded in her arms.
This was gonna be the longest flight I've ever been on.

@F1news: no celebrations for Lando? He went straight to the airport after his win, alone

Liked by 294.749 users.

@user1: weird, he's always up to party
@user2: maybe he is just tired
@user3: future champ!

———————

I walked in my house and was immediately greeted by Max. "Where is she?" I said as I put my suitcases down. "She's upstairs but please be gentle" I turned my face to him. What was he implying? As if I would be rude to her in this moment. "Why didn't you call me sooner? I would've dropped everything" I was blaming him, but I knew he did everything he could.
"I tried calling you the entire time but you didn't pick up and this wasn't something I could just text you about" I sighed, he was right.
I pulled him in a hug. I was actually very thankful he was there for her even though I had to be there.
But I wasn't, because of my fucking job.
"Thanks for everything" I said and he just nodded.

I looked at the stairs, I was afraid to go upstairs. I didn't know what to tell her, how could I comfort her after something like this?

I walked upstairs and knocked on the door softly. She didn't reply but I still opened the door. She was laying in bed, the covers were covering her body.
I walked over to her and pulled her into my arms. I kissed her shoulder softly.
She turned around and looked at me. Her eyes were red and puffy, probably from crying too much.
I put my hand on her cheek. "I'm so sorry baby" I softly said. I didn't know what else to say. She didn't respond, she just put her head on my chest.

I don't know for how long we were laying in each others arms. It didn't matter.
She needed this, I needed this as well. I wanted her to know I wasn't going anywhere.
I should've been here way sooner, I felt so bad for leaving her alone for this long.

I was afraid she was never gonna forgive me for that.