two

riiiiiingg ringggg

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

riiiiiingg ringggg

Ugh.

I turn to my side and press snooze on my phone. This is my usual routine anyway.

But I can't. I'm supposed to stop at Gran's house to pick up the spacegirl.

If i'm honest i'm not sure why I agreed to do this. Don't get me wrong, I love my Gran, but she can be a bit—eccentric.

I get up groggily and head to the bathroom to get ready. When Gran told me about the spacegirl, I thought she was joking. I mean aliens? No way that can be true. I'm somewhat of a science admirer.

Nerd.

Whatever, either way, I love science. The idea of other life forms out there seemed so impossible. If Gran is right, I can learn so much. Which is part of the reason I agreed.

I finish up my routine and head downstairs to grab a quick bite and I head out. I was careful to avoid my father and Melissa. She married my dad a few months ago and tries so hard to get along with me, as i'm my fathers only son.

It's not like I don't want my dad to be happy, I just don't want to play house with a random person who's not my mom.

I start up my car and head over to Gran's. Leaving out the driveway I offer a small wave to our housekeeper Marie. She's a small older woman who's worked for our family for years. She practically helped raise me when my mom died and dad was working late hours.

He's made quite the name for himself here as a big corporate organization. He hopes one day I would take over for him but if i'm honest, I have no interest in business.

Like at all.

Not like i'd tell him that. He just wouldn't understand.

I run my fingers through my hair as I pull into Gran's driveway. I walk up to the door and knock.

Gran opens the door and smiles as she engulfs me in a hug.

"Milo, thank you so much for doing this for me," she says standing up. I watch as she opens the door wider, ushering me to come in.

"How could I say no," I reply, walking into her warm house and sitting down in the kitchen. "So where is she?" I continue, looking around curiously.

Gran walks over to me and laughs. "She'll be down in a minute, I have her sleeping in your mom's old room," Gran explains.

I nod.

"Now Milo, I want you to make Xia feel welcomed here, all of this is extremely new to her," Gran says sternly. "I'm not asking you to babysit her or anything, just look out for her."