Roaring Beast of the Frozen Peaks

Arctic Ridge, Furahiya, Old World

Night envelopes the land as the aurora dances across the sky, its vibrant colors standing out from the otherwise monochromatic scene. The glow of a full moon lights up parts of these lands; however, this is quickly hidden as the howling winds kick up snow from the mountains, further lowering the already poor visibility for anything at ground level, while also giving these majestic peaks a mysterious appearance.

Besides the wind's symphony, the mountain range is almost completely silent, making the environment seem oddly peaceful and magical. However, this is little more than a facade, for these frozen lands are filled with many hidden dangers.

All over the region, low resource density, sub-zero temperatures, sheer cliffs, deep crevasses, unstable ground, slippery surfaces, very unpredictable weather, and potential avalanches endanger the lives of those who inhabit these slopes. Yet it's not just the mountains that are a threat to the local wildlife; the animals themselves are a danger to each other, doing whatever it takes for them to stay alive.

Suddenly, the calm silence of the night is broken by the fearful cries of panic-stricken animals. Turning a corner, a herd of Popos stampedes across the rocky face of a mountain, a cliff flanking them on the right. Despite their size, the Popos can keep a consistent speed thanks to their wide, hoofed feet which evenly distribute their weight, preventing them from sinking into deeper snow drifts. As they stampede across the land, some of the mammals look back to see if they're still in danger.

A large shadowy mass emerges from behind the corner they just passed, and quickly starts gaining on the herd

A large shadowy mass emerges from behind the corner they just passed, and quickly starts gaining on the herd. The Popos quickly start moving sporadically, knowing that their pursuer can't handle sharp turns very well; however with the limited space they have to work with, many of them still find themselves in the predator's path.

In their desperation to throw off their enemy, one of the Popos gets too close to the cliff's edge and slips, almost falling to its demise. As it gets all four of its legs back on firm ground, the mammal sees Warcry, a fully grown male Tigrex, charge towards it at 50 kilometers per hour.

 As it gets all four of its legs back on firm ground, the mammal sees Warcry, a fully grown male Tigrex, charge towards it at 50 kilometers per hour