Chapter 6

Some of the other gym leaders showed up. Raihan, Piers and his sister Marnie, Bede and Opal, Melony and lastly Kabu. We were all eating, out on the patio. There were plenty of picnic tables for everyone. Some have Pokémon out eating as well.

The tables are round, Opal, my parents, Kabu, and Melony are at one table. Hop, Gloria, Marnie, and Bede at another table. Leon, Sonia, Raihan, Nessa, Milo, Me, and Piers. Our table was kinda in the middle.

"Aww, you're saying I missed out on one of Leon and Casslynn's Battles?" Raihan said, upset. "Yeah, and Casslynn won this time." Hop said, seemingly excited from the other table. "Was it the usual?" Piers asked. Sonia nodded. "Charizard vs. Lucario"

"That's how we roll, right Leon?" I said, pointing my fork at him as he nodded in agreement. "Right, the only time we fought with our teams was the finals." He mentioned. "Now that I think about it, I remember that battle." Milo said, thinking back. "As many should, after Mustard stepped down, these 2 had tied in finals, and both were temporarily Champion's, until the next day they battled with just their partners, Leon reigning victorious." Opal said and started sipping her tea.

"Right. I remember Gordie was in the gym challenge at the same time." Melony added. "Speaking of which, is he watching his siblings?" I asked curiously, Melony nodded. "Well, he better hurry up and come out when we're partying, or I'm gonna be mega salty, we were supposed to see who could hold the most liquor when I got back." I said with a small grin.  Melony chuckles. "Whenever the second oldest gets back, I'm sure he'll be on his way. Though he might've already left." She reassured me.

(Just an author's note to drink responsibly :) )

"Yeah, speaking of alcohol where did you get this wine from? I love the aroma and taste." Sonia said. "From the Kalos region. I have plenty, and I have a friend over there who can get me more if I ever need some more." I explained she nodded. "Who's this friend of yours over there?" Raihan asked. "Oh, Dexio, he is one of Professor Sycamore's assistants. I saw him and his co-worker Sina in Alola. When it was my birthday, they got me a case of it, 'Kalos Sweet'." I said, then eating the last bite on my plate.

About half an hour passed, and Sonia's cheeks were red from the wine, I have yet to start with any alcohol. Pa decided to tend the little bar on the patio, there's not many options for alcohol since I just got this place like 4 days ago. I was taking a drink of pop when my phone had gone off, and it made a Pachirisu noise. I almost choked when I saw it.

"You alright, Casslynn?" He said, putting his hand on my shoulder. It was pleasantly warm and comforting. I nodded, glad that my face was already red from almost choking, taking a deep breath and standing up. "Yeah, I need to go to the front doors!" My phone went off for the doorbell. "Oh my Arcues, I can't believe out of everyone they actually came." I started running inside. Everyone at the table just shrugged their shoulders.

I made it, grabbing the door handles and flinging them open. "Suprise!" I was greeted. "No fucking way!" I said happily. It was Dawn and Cynthia. I gave Dawn a huge hug. "I can't believe both of you came out!" Cynthia smiles. "Coming out to the Galar region sounded refreshing." I backed away to let them inside. "Welcome to Galar then, and to my new home!" I invited them inside.

"Are you staying in the Budew Inn in Motorstoke city?" I asked and they nodded. "Hey Casslynn..." Dawn put her hand on my shoulder, stopping us midway through the hallway. I turned to look at her. "How are you doing, after... everything?" I gave her a half smile. "I'm honestly over it, and... I think I can finally move on." I blush, looking outside barely see the tip on Milo's hat. "Good, I'm glad. Come on! Let's go have some fun!" She says, hooking her arm with mine. "Okay! Can't wait for you two to meet everyone!

(Milo's pov when Casslynn left)

I watch her walk away so excitedly and yet hastily. "So how have you been, Milo?" I turned to Nessa, who had asked me a question. She rests her head in the palm of her hand.  "I've been alright. How about you, Nessa?" I glance back to where Casslynn went. "I've been good and busy like usual." I look back at her. "That's good." I take sip of wine that Casslynn's Father poured for all of us earlier. "Hey, I was wondering..." I wasn't paying attention to Nessa anymore. I can't help but think what Arlo said.

(Flashback)

I was getting ready for Casslynn's house warming party. "I think you might like her, Milo." Arlo was leaning on the doorframe of my room. I was talking to him about Casslynn's party and her as well. "What? I've only just met her." He rolled his eyes. "Well, I never heard you talk so much about someone, and so far, ever since you met her it's 'I wonder how Casslynn is doing. Oh, Casslynn, just messaged me.' " Arlo teases me, knowing I just got her number. I put my hat on, and I feel my face turning red. "I don't hear any denial..." I turned to him. "Okay! okay! Yes, I kinda like her, She is so so... wonderful. I never had feelings for anyone before. I honestly want to know more about her."

Arlo walked in, put his hand on my back. "Alright, so what are you going to do then?" He asked. "I'm going to go over and be a great guest, get to know her. To see if I truly like her."

(Back to present)

"Milo?" Nessa called me back. "Oh? Sheesh, I'm sorry, Nessa. What were you asking me?" I asked apologetically. She looked disappointed but smiled. "I was asking-" "Hey everyone! I want you to meet a couple of my friends from the Sinnoh Region!" Casslynn interrupted, bringing two other girls.

Everyone gives a 'Hello' or 'Welcome to Galar', including me. "If you would like to get coffee sometime tomorrow, if you're free?" She finally finished. I had to think for a moment. I knew she liked me and went on a few little coffee dates before with her, but I still haven't felt any connection. I don't want to lead her on. "Hmm, I don't think I'll be able to. There are quite a few things I have to attend to at home."

Her smile tetterd a little. "Maybe later, then?" I gave her a closed eye smile. "Yeah, maybe when I'm not so busy." I looked back over to where Casslynn went. She was walking over with her friends.

(Back to Casslynn)

"Hey guys, this is Dawn and Cynthia." I Introduced, Sonia gestured to come sit at the table. They sat between Piers and Leon. "Hi, thanks for taking care of this klutz while out of the region. I'm Sonia..." Sonia introduced everyone at the table. "Nice to meet everyone." Dawn said, and Cynthia nodded. "I'm not that much of a klutz..." I pouted. "Nah, just out of all of us, you are." A teasing voice spoke behind me, I turned and looked to see who it was, and it was Gordie. He was holding a bottle of Galar whiskey.

"Man, it took you long enough. Now we can see who could hold the most alcohol." I said, and I playfully punched his arm. He chuckled and handed the bottle of whiskey. "This is my housewarming gift." He winked at me. "Here, Gordie, you can sit next to me so you can pour shots for both of you." Gordie nodded "Thanks mate." He sat down.

"Oh, that's right! Casslynn, I got you something, too." Dawn said as she reached in her bag and grabbed something wrapped in bubble wrap and handed it to me. "Thanks, Dawn!" As unwrapped it, I noticed it's a shot glass, clear with white sakura petals painted on. "Wow, I love it!" I said happily. "You're welcome! It changes colors when it gets cold, and I already washed it so you can go ahead and use it."

"Ah hell yeah!" I put the glass down, and Pa brought Gordie an empty glass. "Alright, Gordie, round one here we go!" I said as I watched him pour the shots. Tonight was gonna be awesome.