Prologue

Welcome to Paris

Welcome to Paris

• • •

Prologue

• • •

"Let's toast for Atty. Gonzales, for winning our last case this year 2022!" Everyone in the Pearson, Ross and associates, held their glasses up and started congratulating and cheering for Serenity. Serenity giggled and thanked everyone. It was their law firm's Christmas Party for 2022 and their last day of work too. Sa first week ng January pa sila babalik sa trabaho.

"Atty. Gonzales, gift ko sayo," lumapit naman kay Serenity si Atty. Donna Pearson at inabot ang isang paper bag. Donna Pearson was the owner of the law firm, although, it was her boss' grandfather who started the firm, Atty. Donna Pearson managed and continued her grandfather's legacy. Naging Ross and Associates lang ito dahil sa asawa nitong abogado rin na si Atty. Harvey Ross.

Serenity accepted the paper bag and looked what was inside of it. From it, she got a small red box with a Seiko watch inside. "This is too much naman po, Attorney." Serenity replied, still feeling surprised at what her boss gifted her this Christmas. For sure, the cost of the watch was expensive.

"Naku, ano ka ba, Serenity. Kulang pa nga 'yan sa hardwork mo rito sa firm. We are really glad that we hired you two years ago because you're an asset here in our firm."

Serenity's face warmed up. "Thank you po talaga, Attorney."

"Atty. Gonzales, may package sayo rito," lumapit din sa kanila si Atty. Harvey Ross, ang asawa ng boss niya. The man handed her another paper bag but this time, Cartier was written on the bag.

"Sabi mo pa na too much iyong gift ko pero wala pa ring makakatalo sa Cartier gift mo ha," Donna Pearson joked and they all laughed lightly. The couple left her after a few seconds with the Cartier package gift. Cartier is a popular luxury jewelry French brand—and she already knows where the package came from.

Binuksan niya ang paper bag at doon, kinuha niya ang isang silver Cartier box. Inside the box was a necklace—and it was obviously personalized since there was the famous law symbol, the scale of justice in the middle of the silver necklace. After that, she pulled another box and it was a silver Cartier anklet.

Then she pulled a white card.

Merry Christmas, Ma Cherie.
Etienne Cartier

Napailing na lang siya. She excused herself from her co-workers to go outside as she had to call somebody. It was already 11:43 in the evening and she was sure it was still 4:43 in the afternoon at Paris.