CHAPTER 35

Cheng Xing sat next to Fen Yuhang, opposite of Li Ming.

"Why are you in my house?"

Fen Yuhang opened his mouth but shut it and said nothing. There was complete silence. The sun had gone down by now.

Cheng Xing smiles at Li Ming "I'm a bit tired, how about we do this tomorrow."

Li Ming grabs Cheng Xing's arm and searches his eyes for... something. Cheng Xing gulps at the penetrating (hah) gaze and sits back down. He fidgets with his hands and side glances at Fen Yuhang. He looked down at his hands and then at Li Ming. Li Ming looks into Cheng Xing's eyes and then sighs, suddenly tired.

"Alright fine, I trust you, Cheng Xing. You don't have to explain."

Cheng Xing placed a hand gently on Li Ming's thigh. "Thanks Li Ming. Fen

Yuhang doesn't have a place to stay right now, so can he stay here for a bit?" He noticed his dear friend twitch from the corner of his eye and suppressed a smug grin.

Fen Yuhang glared at Cheng Xing. He is not staying with Cheng Xing. This man is going to get him killed one day!

Li Ming looked at Fen Yuhang.

"Just for a while until he finds a place to stay," Cheng Xing added.

"Fen Yuhang can stay in your room."

Cheng Xing's face lit up "Ok!"

He gets up and starts to head up towards his bedroom with Fen Yuhang in tow.

"Cheng Xing, I said Fen Yuhang will stay in your room. You'll be staying in my room."

Cheng Xing pauses, "Li Ming, then where would you stay?"

"In my room, where else?"

Fen Yuhang gives them both an awkward smile as Cheng Xing's eyes widened. Ah, the joys of being the third wheel.

Cheng Xing walked around in Li Ming's bedroom, abruptly stopping at a photo of Li Ming's parents smiling happily. A dark-haired child sat between them, clutching his mother's dress.

Something bitter curled up inside. Guilt. He shook his head to get rid of these thoughts. It wasn't his fault, yet...

Cheng Xing sighed.

Cheng Xing walked out to see Li Ming sitting near the pool. Cheng Xing went to sit next to him. He took his shoes off and dipped his feet in the water, the cool water sending tingles through his feet.

"I never asked," Li Ming looks at him, "but I was wondering why you lived up here and not over... there," Cheng Xing indicated vaguely in the direction of the city.

Li Ming hummed, "I used to live here with my parents. They'd be busy a lot of the time, so I usually went to play in the woods. There's an old swing that hangs on the branch, but I can't seem to remember where it is anymore." Li Ming chuckled, a soft smile spreading across his face.

Cheng Xing gazed at him, lovestruck. He smiled back innocently and kicked his feet. Angling it specifically to splash water on Li Ming. Li Ming gasped from the sudden coolness of the water and narrowed his eyes at him. Uh oh.

Li Ming took off his shirt and jumped into the pool. Cheng Xing did the same.

The cold water engulfed him, giving him a tingly feeling as goosebumps surfaced on his skin. He had a quick thought of Li Ming shooting him, as he fell into the pool. Cheng Xing jolted his heart rate rising from fear. He wouldn't shoot him, right?

Li Ming wrapped his arm around Cheng Xing's waist and kissed him tenderly on the lips. Fen Yuhang opened the door and Li Ming pulled away. Li Ming hesitantly covers his body with his arms, Cheng Xing instantly did the same.

Fen Yuhang rolled his eyes, "No point hiding it, it's not like I haven't seen it already," Honestly, they're blushing like virgin maidens!

Cheng Xing clears his throat aggressively. Fen Yuhang got the idea and headed back inside. "I forgot he was here," Li Ming said slightly blushing. Cheng Xing smirks. Cheng Xing leans on Li Ming's shoulder.

"You really haven't told me about your parents yet," Li Ming said, gazing at the city in the distance.

Cheng Xing shifted uncomfortably, "Well, I never really knew my real parents- they apparently left me when I was born. I was... adopted." He hesitated, "My new mum was very... strict, to say the least. Not many good memories, honestly."

Li Ming looked at him with sympathy, "Well, I'm here for you now."

Cheng Xing softened, letting a smile spread across his face. "I really like this Li Ming."

"What does that mean?"

"You were cold as ice before when we first met. The Li Ming now is... nicer."

Li Ming scoffed. Cheng Xing noticed how Li Ming seemed to be shivering.

Are you cold? How about we head in now."

Cheng Xing walked out of the bathroom a towel wrapped around his waist, his hair wet and dripping. Li Ming sat on the bed, smiling at him. Cheng Xing eyed Li Ming. Cheng Xing grabs the clothes laid on the bed and walks back into the bathroom. He reappears not long after with clothes on and sits on the bed next to Li Ming who was reading a book.

"I liked you better without the clothes. Shouldn't have gotten changed so fast," Li Ming remarked, smirking. He sat up and dried Cheng Xing's hair with the towel.

The impromptu head massaged had Cheng Xing's eyes sliding shut in relaxation. He felt warm.

"Are you going to join me in bed?"

Cheng Xing smiles and burrows into the sheets. Li Ming reaches and turns off the lamp. Cheng Xing tugs Li Ming's body against his own and smiles.

Li Ming could feel his heartbeat racing. Cheng Xing's body rested against his, relaxed and warm. He looked so peaceful asleep. Li Ming brings Cheng Xing closer to him and resigns his arm to sleep because Cheng Xing's using it as a pillow and why is he so cute.

Cheng Xing smiles as he let himself drift off to the sound of steady breathing and the feeling of fingers carding through his hair.

Scenes flashed through his mind, the sound of someone texting. Blood drips and a boy screams in pain. If he listened closely, it sounded like someone...someone he knew............ someone like Fen Yuhang.