2

Hey ! Just a quick note to avoid any confusion, the time jumps in this book will be a little subtle. For instance, if it's Normani's POV, it may be the AM but sometimes when it switched to Megan's POV, it may be the afternoon . Just very small details ! Thank you for reading 🤍!

Megan~

"Come on Akira! You're gonna miss your bus!"

"I can't find the box with my shoes!" Akira threw things around in her messy room, "ugh! This is why I didn't want to move." She mumbled. Akira wanted to make a good impression at her new school. This would be a fresh new start for her and she wanted to go in wearing the newest version of everything.

When she still couldn't find her shoe box, she settled for the pair of dunks that she already had out. She looked at herself in the mirror, unsatisfied but still deciding to move on. In truth she just didn't want to hear her mother calling her name again.

Just as she did every morning, she kissed the photo of her mother and frowned. "I miss you so much." She put her hand over her necklace, it was a half heart in which Beyoncé had the other half. Akira kissed it and took a deep breath, "please be good to me." She whispered

"Akira!"

"I'm coming!" She grabbed her backpack and made her way downstairs.

"Goodmorning." Megan greeted her with a kiss to the forehead.

"Mom," Akira scoffed and wiped her head.

"So now you're too old for your mothers love?"

Akira rolled her eyes, "you're not my mother."

She quickly covered her mouth after realizing Megan heard her. Megan was a bit taken back hearing her say that. Akira had never said it aloud in front of Megan and she didn't mean for it to slip out this time but it did by complete accident.

"Mom I didn't mean—

"Your bus will be here soon. Let's get going."

Akira sighed and tossed her book bag over her shoulder. She walked out of the house with Megan and waited for the bus to arrive. Megan stood with Akira at the waiting spot for the bus. apart of Akira didn't understand why Megan couldn't just drop her off, but she wants her to have a "full" highschool experience.

Akira noticed the other teens waiting for the bus as well. There were only about 5 total that she could see. One girl in particular seemed to be staring very hard and Akira raised an eyebrow, deciding to look away. She looked over at her mother and could see how sad and defeated she looked.

She turned away as her bus pulled up. Akira looked back at Megan and waved, "I'll see you later."

Megan smiled, "Have a good day Akira, I love you."

"Love you too."

She walked further to the curb as the bus came to a stop. On the other side with Normani and Chance, they were in a much more chaotic stance. "Mom! You're gonna make me miss the bus!"

"You need to look presentable Chance." Normani was aggressively rubbing vaseline on her daughters face. Even at 16, she still couldn't properly moisturize her face.

"That's enough!" Chance pulled away and wiped the greasy substance off.

"That is exactly why you're always so ashy in the face."

"I'd rather be ashy than look like I just got into a fight with cooking grease."

Normani giggled and playfully nudged her daughter, "go on before you miss it. Remember to be yourself and get to know her!"