4

Megan~

Megan stood in front of the mirror and checked her outfit. It was the first time she'd been out in awhile. Even though they were only going across the street, she still wanted to look presentable. In a way it seemed as though she were overdressed, but if this were a dinner out at a restaurant, it's what she'd wear. For the 50th time, she combed through her hair and made sure it looked right.

"Please don't embarrass me

"Please don't embarrass me." Akira pleaded with her mother as she came downstairs.

"How would I possibly embarrass you?"

"You always find a way to."

"Well how about you lead the conversation? It's great practice for you to learn to open up."

"Aren't I doing that already by going to this dinner?"

Megan grabbed the cake that she baked and smoothed out her dress again. "You know what I mean."

Akira rolled her eyes and walked out of the front door. "She definitely got her attitude from her mama." Megan mumbled as she followed behind her daughter.

The two of them went across the street to Normani and Chance's house. Akira rung the doorbell and stepped back. She heard a dog barking on the other side of the door and stepped closer to Megan. Megan looked down at her daughter and laughed, "the dog won't hurt you."

"You don't know that."

The door opened revealing Chance with a big smile, "Hey! Come in!" She stepped to the side and allowed the two of them inside. The dog immediately came up to Akira and Megan to sniff them and Akira jumped back. "Please get it!"

Closing the door behind them, Chance quickly picked up Nala. "You don't like dogs?"

"She's extremely scared of them."

"But Nala's so sweet she won't hurt—.

"Can you just put it away? I don't like dogs."

"Sorry." Chance put Nala in her cage and then turned to formally introduce herself. "Hi I'm Chance! Akira's new friend!"

Akira rolled her eyes, "please don't call yourself that."

"Akira be nice. It's very nice to meet you Chance, I'm Megan, her mother."

"Nice to meet you! My mom's just finishing setting up in the kitchen. Follow me."

Chance led the way with Megan and Akira following behind her. Akira looked around their home and admired the decor. It looked similar to how her mom would've decorated their new home if she was here to see it. The atmosphere was very warm and gave off a "homey" feeling, one that Akira was surely missing right about now.

"Mom, this is Akira and her mom Ms. Megan."

"Just Megan is fine. It's Nice to meet you..." Megan waited for Normani to say her name but was mesmerized by Normani's beauty. She stared at her as she held out her hand for her to shake. Normani smiled and shook her hand, "Normani, it's nice to meet you both."