"Lover, we will recover"

Life Is Strange

Chapter 1

"Have a seat, Pete," Chloe said with an unusual voice, considering the recent happenings.

She seems to be in a good mood. I wonder why? Probably none of my concern. Max thought to herself.

"My pleasure. Feels nice out here after all that drama..." Max said as she placed herself on the bench next to Chloe. The orange sunset was incredible to look at, not to mention the weather. A slight breeze could be felt as if it was meant to be there, to take away ones attention from the mild heat. She looked up at the lighthouse they were sitting next to, which always seemed bigger when up close. It was standing on a hill, so it wasn't surprising the perspective was usually a little off, when at a certain distance.

"You really took one for team-Chloe" Max's punk friend let out, while continuing to look at the sunset. Only a small smile was visible on her otherwise emotionless face, well-fitting with her style.

That was not say that Max didn't like the new look Chloe had gotten accustomed to. The blue hair was rather daring, but it fitted her quite well. The piercings were not particular pretty, but not everything is about being all happy and perfect. Max once considered a piercing, but decided against it, mostly due to the pain she had heard so much about.

Furthermore, Chloe's clothing style had changed as well. What used to be a plain t-shirt was now a low-cut, white tank top, with a black skull image on the front. Her pants were nothing extraordinary, but true to her punk style, they were a little torn at specific areas, and to finish it all off, a black wool cap was placed on top of that blue hair.

"I'm not as brave as you," Max responded to Chloe's subtle compliment.

"And David is indeed a 'step-douche'" She added, remembering the reference from before.

"I'm sorry you had to experience it firsthand," Chloe said, looking genuinely sorry.

"You have to live with him" Max was quick to say, before looking at the friend to her right.

"Has he always been this way?" She continued. She wasn't actually interested in David in particular, considering these life-changing occurrences that had been happening quite recently. Chloe still had no idea about Max's time-reversing powers yet, so she couldn't blame her about the fact that Max had to comfort her, rather than the other way around.

Chloe still stared dead at the sunset, only making small movements every now and then.

"Ever since my desperate mom dragged his ass to our home! ...I never trusted David," Chloe responded with an irritated voice. She was not always so hard to read.

It's a good thing I took that photo he had. Maybe I can tell someone what I saw and hopefully... something will happen. Max went through the events in her mind. Wonder if Chloe thinks the same way though.

"I'm glad I took his photo with Kate. Just in case..." Max let out, now trying extra hard to read Chloe's face. She could of course just go back in time if she said something wrong, but those panicky-feelings when saying something stupid doesn't just go away overnight.