New Storms for Older Lovers

Life is Strange

Chapter 2

"Is this close enough to your dorm?"

"It's not technically a dorm, but yeah, it's perfect"

I looked at the dashboard in the car. The time was 11:50 and Chloe needed to put more gas in her car apparently.

"Alright. I know you're not exactly an early-birdie, but we need to catch up tomorrow," Chloe said as she leaned back in her seat.

"On account of the time travel news?" I questioned with a smile.

Chloe looked at the rear view mirror, with a hesitant look.

'"Yeah. On account of that" She let out with more air than what was necessary.

And then I fucking kissed her.

Goddammit, I should have kissed her.

Max let the black pen fall out of her hand as she closed her plain notebook. She looked at the watch on the wall to her right. 01:12 am.

I should really get some sleep.

With no thought for her safety, Max let her head fall down onto the table she was sitting at, not worrying about the fact that her arms could have cushioned the blow.

Frigging body. My heart just won't calm down. I feel like I have helium locked in my damn head.

Max closed her eyes for a second, but the feeling of overwhelming emotions that hit her, soon became too much. With a deep sigh, she lifted her head back up and opened her notebook yet again, before grabbing her black pen.

Here I am. Sitting in my little room, in the middle of the night, writing. Great.

I wonder if she waited for me to kiss her... she kept looking at me, with that smile. I have known her for years now, and I don't know what that smile actually means. Maybe it just means "Hey buddy" maybe it's just some dumb friendly smile. I kinda wish it was. I kinda wish that Chloe only wanted us to be friends. It's odd, but that would take the pressure off. Then I wouldn't have to plan every move I need to make. The relief would probably quickly turn into despair though, but if there is a change of something real... then what should I do? Should I text her, so she would have something nice to read in the morning? Would that... push her away?

I am not thinking clearly... I am actually kind of freaking out. I wish... HERE IS THE DAMN THING! I EITHER WISH I HAD MORE COURAGE OR I WISH THAT... that it would never have happened. I can't... these emotions are fucking with me. Tomorrow... let me embrace tomorrow.

...

Birds... if it wasn't for birds, would people actually even wake up?

Max opened her eyes and took some time to think about where she actually was. Birds were chipping. She was not in her bed.

"Goddammit" she whispered to herself as she lifted up her head and realized she had been sleeping bend over the damn table, with her face down the notebook. "Phone..." Max lifted herself up and began wobbling her way towards the desk besides her bed. "Oh no, I have been shot," she whispered to herself as she lifelessly fell face-first down onto the bed, but not without grapping her phone in the process. A fancy little smartphone, with a raccoon sticker on the back.