Epilogue - A letter

Life is Strange

Epilogue

"I don't want to. Not again" Her voice was quiet, but sincere.

"If you don't, the world will fall apart" The threatening response got her attention, but it was hard to convince her to do these horrendous actions a second time.

"How would you know?" she asked, finding it hard not to focus on the serious look on her face.

"The Gods... they informed me of the dire situation... do it" A trail of smoke was rising around her, almost framing her figure in a perfectly nefarious way.

She sighed regrettably. "Fine..."

Taking a step backwards, as the cold substance in her right hand made her tense up, Max took a breath and closed her eyes. Preparing herself to once more, do what was demanded of her.

Here goes nothing...

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours, damn right, it's better than yours, I could teach you–" Max sang out embarrassed while making subtle dancing movements as her friend Chloe nearly had tears streaming down her face from holding in the laughter.

"I can't, Chloe! I appreciate that you bought me a milkshake to cheer me up, but this is just mean!" Max let out, trying not to blush, but having an even harder time to hide her obvious smile.

Chloe could no longer hold it in and began laughing out words.

"I'm sorry Max, but I expect to get something in return. Milkshakes are expensive, you know" Chloe's laughter slowly faded, but her smile remained.

"Besides... I missed you. I want to make the most of it" Her lasting smile went hand-in-hand with the look of delight that her blue eyes managed to pull off.

"I missed you too..." Max couldn't help but to return Chloe's look.
"But you're still a dick," she quickly let out.

Chloe didn't respond, giving Max time to quickly study her surroundings. She felt weird being back in Chloe's room for numerous reasons. First of all, it looked different, but it also brought back memories of when they were younger, eating pancakes in Chloe's bed, talking about how they would both ditch school and become partners at their own company. She couldn't quite recall what their business plan was, or if they even had any, but looking around, memories of a different time appeared. A mixture of emotions was brought to the surface, but it was hard for Max to describe it. The more she focused on the memory, the more blurry it appeared to become. She quickly decided to brush of the slightly uncomfortable thoughts and instead paid her attention to the basket of flowers on Chloe's desk. It brought an inner smile to Max, knowing that Chloe had bought them for her. It was an explosion of colors that was placed in the basket. Lily's, daisy's, even sunflowers were stuffed in there. It raised the same question as before however...

What happened to me?

Without realizing it, Max had a tense look on her face, which she kept for a good amount of time, leading Chloe to interrupt Max's thoughts.

"You wanna talk about it?" It surprised her how Chloe's voice had changed from joy, to concern so quickly.

"There's not much I can say, Chloe" Max answered honestly, looking at the friend before her. It created a sense of comfort to see that Chloe was wearing a white tank top and a hoodie. She was unsure why, but it eased her emotions ever so slightly.

"You really don't remember what happened?" Chloe had questions, but they were few answers.

"No" Max was quick to respond with a downhearted voice, as she adverted her eyes from her friend and looked down into the ground, placing her left hand on her right arm.