Chapter Ten

Joshua

It's now or never.

"I would never hurt you like that, and you should know by now that, baby, you are my whole world."

"What? You called me baby" she says softly.

My heart is beating out of my chest. The last week without her has been the worst week of my life and I never want to go back to that again. 

I have decided to go all in with Abby because the truth is that I love her and I don't want to see her with any other guy but me however, the longer I wait, the more I am opening a gap for other guys.

"Yeah, I've been calling you that a lot in my head." I chuckle lightly.

"Why do you call me that in your head?" she wrings her hands together and that is what she does when she is nervous.

"Because you are my baby. My sweet, angelic, and tender baby, that I need to protect and give all my love to."

"Your love?" she stops wringing her hands and searches my face.

She is so beautiful. I can't help it, I lean in and kiss her. She doesn't reciprocate and I'm nervous that I'm doing it wrong because this is my first kiss but then a thought comes to me that maybe she doesn't want this.

I lean away from her and quickly apologize, "I'm sorry-" before I can even finish my thought her lips are back on mine and this time, she is a willing participant in our kiss.

Wow, who knew kissing was this much fun, I should've done this a long time ago with my beautiful girl.

When we pull back, I look at her lips and go back in, I don't know if she is addictive or the kisses are, either way if I could die now, I would die a happy man.

When we separate from our kiss, she asks, "you love me? Like real love?"

"Of course I love you, you're very easy to love." I go back in for another kiss.

"Josh, we have to talk about this." She protests against my lips.

"Okay, let's talk and then go back to kissing." I surmise.

"You love me?" it seems like she doesn't believe it.

"Yes, I love you. Is that okay? I mean for me to love you as more than a friend?" now I am starting to doubt myself.

"I love you too, as more than a friend so it's more than okay that you love me that way." She smiles at me and I swear the problem in my shorts just became that much bigger.

"Joshua!" we hear my mom's voice from somewhere in the house.

Abby hurries to get off of me but I squeeze her waist and hold her in place before I turn her face to look at me. 

"I am not ashamed of you and I hope you are not ashamed of me so with that being said, I do not want to hide us, from our family or our friends. Yeah?"

"Yeah" she replies.

"Joshua!" mom's shouts are closer now.

We leave the toilet and as we start to go search for her, she enters my bedroom and her eyes immediately go to our joined hands but then I see her shoulders sag because we always hold hands, it's like second nature to us.

"What happened at school today?" she looks over my face and immediately starts grabbing at my cheeks.

"Does it hurt? I think you need to go and see the doctor. No, let me call your father..." she is rambling and I can feel her panicking.

"Mom, I'm fine. It doesn't hurt and this will heal up soon.

"Honey, why did you hit the boy?"

I don't want to tell my mother because I know that it will embarrass Abby and my mother might want to get revenge on Jasper for Abby because she loves her.

"It was a minor spat mom."

"I think I'm going to head home." Abby pipes up.

"What?! No, please stay a little bit longer and I'll drop you off at home later." I beg and cradle her cheek.

"Okay." She whispers breathily.

"Thank you," I whisper back.

It seems we have both forgotten that mom is still with us.

"I see Abby has fixed your face up." She inspects my face and I guess she is satisfied with what she sees because she starts leading us out of my bedroom, "Do you want me to make you guys lunch?"

I turn to Abby, "baby, are you hungry? Or do you want some snacks and we can chill in the movie room?"

Nothing gets past my mom. "Wait a minute, did you say baby?!"

We laugh at her because she is acting like a kid high on candy right now.

I pull Abby closer and put my hand around her waist. "Yeah, I called her baby." I kiss her cheek and you would be right to presume that she is all kinds of embarrassed and blushing at this moment.

"Oh my goodness! I knew it! Eeep! I need to call Collette!" she leaves us standing there, I guess the lunch is forgotten.

"It's safe to say our mothers are happy about us being together romantically."