Chapter 3

Tohka and Shido were in the food street. Shido took a kinako bread and held it for Tohka to try.

Shido: Here.

Tohka: *Sniffs* This isn't a trap, right?

Shido: Of course not. Now wipe that drool off your face.

She tasted it and looked in bliss.

Tohka: Amazing! Shido, is this what a date is?

Shido: No, that's a kinako bread.

Tohka: What? That wasn't a date? Why is something so amazing not a date?

Shido: I'm not quite sure how to answer that...

Tohka: Could it be that a date is something even more amazing than this? What could a date be...

The place started to get crowded as Tohka panicked.

Tohka: Why are there so many people? Is this an all-out attack? In that case, I'll attack them preemptively, before the Mecha-Mecha Squad gets here.

She was about to use her powers.

Shido: Hold on a second, Tohka!

Tohka: What are you doing? Get out of my way, Shido.

Shido: I told you before. No one here is thinking about killing you.

A little boy threw his juice box in the trash can.

Little boy: Mama. Mama, look, I threw out my trash properly.

Mother: Oh, you did? Good boy!

Her mother patted him on the head. Tohka watched as she finished eating her sausages and threw the sticks in the trash can. She went to Shido and bowed expectantly. Shido blushed but patted her head, making her smile.

Tohka: Shido, I think I understand now. This is what a date is, right? I can't say you're totally wrong, but you're not quite there.

Tohka: I see. A date seems to be very complicated.

During this time.

Y/n and Origami went in a flower shop.

Origami: The scent here is pleasant...

Y/n: Yeah. I like being surrounded by such beauty.

Origami: Y/n, you're an artist, right? You must love everything that is pretty.

Y/n: *Chuckles* There can be a lot of opinions about that... Though, I'd say that the most beautiful thing here is you.

Origami blushed and smiled slightly.

Shop owner: Hello, youngsters. What would you like for today? Buy a plants? A bouquet? Or maybe make one?

Y/n: We can make our own bouquets?

Shop owner: Well of course!

Y/n: What do you say, Origami?

Origami: Let's do this.

The owner let them be as they went to search for their flowers. Origami took hers as Y/n was still pondering.

Y/n: Origami, give me the most important moment in your life.

Origami: Why?

Y/n: I want to make you a bouquet based off it.

Origami: The moment that marked me the most was... when a spirit killed my parents.

Y/n:...Oh...

Origami: But I have you now and we had the same idea. I'll make a bouquet for you too.

Y/n made their choice. They worked in a comfortable silence then gave their bouquets to each other after paying.