Level 2 - Pipe Dreams

S

S

urvival Difficulty: Class 2
》Unsafe
》Secure
》Low Entity Count
Level 2 is the 3rd level of the Backrooms.

urvival Difficulty: Class 2》Unsafe》Secure》Low Entity CountLevel 2 is the 3rd level of the Backrooms

The first known photo of Level 2. Photographer presumed dead.
Description
Level 2 consists of long, dim concrete maintenance hallways with steam pipes lining the walls and ceilings. Doors are rarely found, housing metal shelves, and ventilation ducts. The pipes cause the heat in Level 2 to reach immense temperatures, reportedly reaching 200 Fahrenheit (93 °C) and higher, boiling any Wanderer alive. It is described as being generally more decayed than the previous levels.

Occasionally, doors can lead to small rooms that may contain machinery that are connected to the pipes present throughout the level. Random items that were left by other explorers can be found in the metal shelves. Due to the insalubrious conditions found in Level 2, roaches and mice are found around the hallways.

Some sections of Level 2 are completely devoid of light, while some others are only lit up by alternate sources of light, such as flashlights and lamps. A notable humid, musty smell can be found in areas where the pipes exist.

Level 2 is far more dangerous than Level 1, due to the hazards above and sheer number of entities inhabiting the level. If you come into contact with a creature in this level, it is advised that you should run immediately, as they are incredibly hostile and will kill off most victims.

As one walks in this level, after a few days the pipes will start to go farther and farther in until one cannot walk any further without suffering severe burns. If one persists at this point, the tunnel will close up behind them and they will be cooked alive.
Entities
Known entities that lurk in Level 2 are Facelings, Hounds, Smilers and Scratchers. Additional entities likely lurk in the level, however.
Colonies and Outposts
Due to the nature of this level, colonies and outposts are unable to be established.

Entrances and Exits
Entrances
One of the two the only known way to enter Level 2 is via a stairwell in Level 1. There, one can find an unlocked door that will lead to here.

Exits
There are 3 known ways of exiting Level 2.

Finding a fire exit in Level 2 will transport one to Level 3, despite the dangers and risks.
Entering an office-styled elevator will lead to Level 4.
Noclipping through a corner will rarely lead to Level 364.