Level 4 - Abandoned Office

Survival Class Difficulty: 1SafeSecureLow Entity Count

Safe
Secure
Low Entity Count

I only realized the rain was cold because my skin carried the heat of my blood. My inner fire was burning with a strong ambition to keep going further, to not give into my fears. As I strode onward, my eyes caught the rainbows hidden behind the heavy clouds of storm and rain.
A NOTE FOUND IN A WANDERER’S JOURNAL DISCOVERED IN LEVEL 4.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙇𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝟺

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙇𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝟺. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙖 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙨, 𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙮 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚.
【𝐈. 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤】
━━☽【🌨️】☾━━
Level 4, also known as the “Abandoned Office”, is an expansive, empty structure, with architecture resembling a modern office building. Despite this, Level 4 is entirely devoid of furniture and other accessories one would typically expect to find in an office. Excluding the abalone-gray concrete pillars scattered about, spots on the carpet of the level appear to indicate that furniture may have been previously present at one point in time. Curiously, this level possesses an effect unseen in many other levels of the Backrooms, that being the presence of "seasons". They are referred to in this manner due to the level's exterior weather patterns changing every few months at a consistent rate. For the sake of ease, these seasons will hereafter be referred to as "Spring", "Summer", "Autumn", and "Winter" respectively. Contrasting the gray, monochromatic color scheme of the office, the whirling rain clouds visible outside the level’s windows represent the only splash of color, varying from dark-gray to a slight grayish-blue, or even a dark heather-purple color during the Autumn and Summer seasons.

A noteworthy feature of the level is the flat-panel LED light fixtures, specifically the lack thereof. Most of the squares in the level’s drop-ceiling in which LED lights should be found instead lack them, therefore leaving those areas perpetually cast in darkness. Thus, trying to activate light switches typically shows no response, leading to the conclusion that the only constant source of illumination in the level is the light that emanates through the various windows present intermittently along its walls. Remaining in Level 4 for a long span of time during seasons when light is scarce is advised against, since it can cause low vision, blind spots, poor night vision, or blurry sight, while being in direct contact with natural hazards have led to reports of wanderers contracting: Pneumothorax (collapsed lungs), sleep apnea, or irregular heartbeats.
Level 4 is widely regarded as a “rest stop” amongst wanderers, as a safe location for one to take a break during their journey. Due to this, the creation of colonies and outposts is considered highly lucrative; many sustained communities have begun and flourished in this level.
【𝐈.𝟏 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤: 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬】