Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning to the sound of my alarm going off accompanied by someone knocking on the door. The first thing I can think of is the fact that this is definitely not my room, because nobody usually knocks on my door, but shortly afterwards last night replays in my head and it makes sense. I reach under the pillow and find my phone, shutting the alarm off. I mumble something I can't even decipher as I get up and walk over to the door.

When I swing it open I'm nearly hit in the face by Jack, who's hand is raised to knock again. "What?" I ask. I'm not even upset with him right now, if anything I want to try and be a bit nicer but, I'm just not a morning person and today I guess that'll be everyone else's problem.

He smiles and says, "no good morning? And here I was thinking we might be friends. I'm guessing you're either pissed at me for something or just not a fan of mornings."

I know he's just teasing me but I still roll my eyes and say, "it's definitely one of those things, won't say which though."

"It's the second one, I just know it," he jokes before holding out a grey sweatshirt. "You can wear this so that you don't have to wear the same clothes as yesterday. Also mom laid out a toothbrush and stuff for you in the bathroom."

I take the sweatshirt from him and say, "thanks," before closing the door and walking back over to the bed. I check the time on my phone and frown when I realize that I don't have enough time to shower, I guess it's a good thing I keep extra deodorant in my backpack just in case I ever need it.

I grab my clothes from the floor so that I can put on my jeans and the tank top I wore under my sweater yesterday. Once I'm changed I walk over to the bathroom and spend a few minutes trying to figure out how to fix my hair which is tangled in about six different ways.

I end up braiding my hair back, thank god for the fact that Ellen laid out a hairbrush and a couple hair ties along with the toothbrush or I would've been totally screwed. As I'm finishing up my hair there's a knock on the door, followed by Jack saying, "Liv are you in there?"

"Yeah, what do you need?" I ask as I finish tying a hair tie around my braid.

"I'm taking your backpack downstairs. Will you be ready to leave in like fifteen or twenty minutes?"

I nod my head and then remember that he can't see me because of the closed door. "Yeah, that'll be fine."

"Perfect!" After that it's silent and I go back to getting ready, brushing my teeth and then doing one final check over myself before leaving the bathroom.

I walk back over to the guest room and grab my phone and sweater off of the bed before heading downstairs. I walk into the kitchen, and from where he's standing by the sink Luke mumbles some form of hello, I just nod in response.

I grab a bottle of water out of the fridge and then walk into the living room, unsure of where else I can go. A few seconds later I'm joined by Luke and the two of us sit in silence for a few minutes before Jack walks in. "You guys are weird," he says.

"How is sitting here weird?" I ask.

Jack takes a seat next to me and motions towards the tv, "it's not that you guys sitting here is weird, it's the total silence. Like you guys don't even have on a show for background noise."

I shrug, "it's not weird. Sometimes people don't feel like talking."

Luke nods his head in agreement, "Yeah, what Liv said."

Jack shakes his head, "whatever, weirdos. Are you guys ready to go?"

Luke nods and I say, "I just have to put on my shoes but then I'm good to go."