Chapter 3 - A sudden rage.

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MAJOR GORE AND SWEARING!!! PLEASE BE MINDFUL IF THESE THINGS TEND TO MAKE YOU FEEL UNSETTLED! IF NOT, CONTINUE READING AND ENJOY!

You woke up the next day to multiple messages on your phone. It was from your group chat with all your friends.

Kira: 'Goodmorning!'

Samantha: 'Morning, Kira! Oh, Y/N's online! Hi! Goodmorning!!'

You: 'Good morning guys! How are you?'

Another notification popped up on your phone... it was from another group chat you'd seemingly been invited it.

Giovanni: 'Hey, Y/N!! Now ur in the groupchat ;D'

You felt like throwing up. This wasn't going in the direction you wanted it to... you wanted to sit with the Banzai Boys for one day so people know they tolerated you. You wouldn't be annoyed anymore by stupid kids.

You: 'Hey Gio, good morning!!'

You replied, instantly going back to your friends group chat.

Kira: 'Are the boys still annoying you?'

You: 'Yeah..

Kira: 'omg... I'll deal with them, I promise!'

You: 'Kira please don't do anything stupid-'

You knew he didn't like you hanging out with them, but... they made you feel a lot safer from other kids. You were tempted to tell him that he was just being over cautious. But you'd hurt his feelings, wouldn't you.

At school, Kira met you at the gate. He's never this early to school: he's worried.

"Kira, you know I don't need protection."

He gave out a long sigh. "I'll deal with those boys, I promise."

He walked away and left you standing there. Silent. You walked to the canteen to get a drink, it was freezing.

You walked out with some tea and saw Giovanni walk in the room. The rest of the boys obviously hadn't walked in yet, and he waved to you. You wave back.

"Hey, Y/N!" He called, offering a high five.

Still securing your tea in your hand, you gave him one. "Hi Gio!"

"Er.. I heard you and that kid- whats his name?"

"Kira."

"Yeah, Kira. You know, I think you should avoid him, he's just trying to split us up so we can't have fun!" 

"Yeah.. maybe..."

You fought back a frown. You didn't want to abandon your best friend, but you didn't want to disappoint your new one either. In the corner of your eye, you thought you saw Kira eyeing him. Angry as ever..

Giovanni seemed to notice your gaze and turned to him.

"What you looking at, freak?!" He yelled at Kira.

"Maybe if you didn't torment people I wouldn't be looking at your demented face!"

Oo.. burn..

Giovanni put his middle finger up at him and scooped you away. You are not used to people fighting over you.

Next period, you have maths again, so you and him walk over. Sitting down, you got prepared for another loud lesson.

"Y/N, you're pretty quiet today." 

"Sorry, Gio. I'm just not feeling it today."

You weren't really paying attention, but the whole lesson you knew Giovanni was explaining his plan to lock Brandon in a locker. Lunchtime came quickly, and the plan was about to commence.

Giovanni's locker was wide open in an instant. You walked alongside the rest of the group as Giovanni tracked down and found Brandon. And, of course, he was stuffed in his locker. The lock was sharp and mean. 

The group stood back from Giovanni, he was standing right by a locker and yelling random insults at the kid in the locker.

You suddenly heard a small rattling noise.. but figured it must've been your epithet.

EPITHET: Enhanced

All your major senses are enhanced, which makes you hear/smell/touch the things most people don't notice.

It was almost like something was being unscrewed. Something was about to collapse. 

You looked up, the lockers.. they were rattling.. 

Giovanni didn't notice, he was too busy talking.. the group didn't notice, they were too busy laughing.

Just as you felt the need to call out for help... splat...

The locker fell and crushed Giovanni. Blood splashed from underneath the metal box. Everyone and everything was silent. Not a word. 

And you saw Kira, standing at the end of the row of lockers with a screwdriver.

He didn't... did he?