I-IT'S YOU! | Phoenix Wright x Matt Engarde (????)

Don't judge me.

So, this story will be based on an AA HC I've seen. It's not mine. Just found it on tmblr.

This can be read as a ship, or a platonic pair.

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ Angst, Some mentions of suicide, And it's corny, rushed.

There's no specific timeline that I thought of. So, you can imagine this happening in any time of the Phoenix Wright games, as long as it's after JFA.

Crack taken seriously.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

No one's P.O.V

De Killer was found. And finally arrested, he has received a death sentence. It will be carried out in 3 days.

Unfortunately, because of that, Matt Engarde had demanded a retrial. How he received a not guilty verdict on the retrial, was a mystery.

[Don't ask me. There are moments in the game and anime that didn't make sense either. So, bare with me and the logic I'm using. I looked up stuff like this on google, and now I'm afraid an FBI agent would show up at my door...]

What, can be answered easily though, is: NO. It was not Phoenix Wright who had given him an undeserving verdict. Yet, he is going to Engarde's house. Why? The spikey haired attorney has a side job...

Defending people is great and all. But, he has bills to pay. And to pay them, he needs to get paid himself. It doesn't help when his clients can't afford to pay him. Or assumed that he did the job for free, just because he has a “Compassionate Soul”. Compassionate souls need to get money too.

And that's why he chose being an Artist, as a side job.

He created account for himself on an Art website, and takes commissions there. His identity was anonymous. He was under the username “Ryūchi Naruhodō” only heaven knows where he came up with that...

He received a request by Matt Engarde himself. A real knee-slapper for Phoenix was Engarde's choice of username, “Nickel Samurai”. How clever....

Evil arse? Yes.

Rich? Also yes.

So, he decided to take up his offer. He needed to pay his bills. So, why not? He's his client again. But, at least not by law. As long as he doesn't lay a finger on Maya, or any of his other friends, he'll make temporary peace.

He didn't want to be recognized by Engarde, so instead of his usual blue suit, he wore a trench coat and a scarf around his neck, covering the lower part of his face. And on top of it all, a flat cap big enough to hide his spikes and his eyes. In his hands, he carried a bag with all the materials he needed for the painting.

He soon made it to his client's house, and saw the brunet man, infront of the door. He was wearing something different from his usual get-up but, not making any effort to cover up his internationally hated face. He wore a black leather jacket, with a plain white shirt, and denim pants.

"Hey, Ryū-dude! You made it on time!" Matt exclaimed, smiling. It looked genuine, but the defense attorney saw it as an arrogant smirk. Oh how he hates that nickname already....

"Good to see you, Mr. Engarde. Glad to be on time." Phoenix said in his well-practiced accent (imagine what accent you want). Being an Art major and Theatre major has it's perks. To completely hide who he is to his art clients, he even masked his voice.

"You don't sound like what your username is." Matt looked at the bundled man, confused. "Naruhodō kinda reminds me of Naruto..... Are you just an anime fan?"