Old Flame Die Hard

Eversince Oh Sehun struck his life ingenuously like that of asteroids annihilating the preexisting peace and harmony on Earth, Luhan’s mundane life was never the same. He should have known the moment he saw his colorful tresses that he's a trouble.

“I’m going to kill that son of a bitch!” Luhan said in gritted teeth while wiping the marks on his face. His youthful face is now littered by dark ink. To annoy him further, the brat’s name engraved on his forehead clung stubbornly. Can you believe him? He used a fucking permanent pen! What is he? A five-year-old child? Even the children under his care will never do that to him. Luhan thought that he's better than that. They even made out last night and this is what he did to him! He mentally cursed when unnecessary and unwanted thought passed through his mind. He’s fuming right now. It’s not time to think of what happened last night. He rubbed the wet wipes on his face harder in attempt to disperse those thoughts. Does he think that he will be absolved just because he's the chairman’s grandson? He swore to his forefather’s grave, he’s going to get back to that son of a bitch.

“Hey, careful little Lu.”

The infuriated fawn jumped on his feet when a larger, yet gentler hand got the wipes away from his grip. His doe eyes met Chanyeol’s warm cerulean one. How did he get here? He didn’t even hear the door opened.

‘Oh yeah, you just ran like a headless chicken earlier, Luhan.’

Unlike what he did, his childhood bestfriend rubbed his cheeks tenderly, very careful not to irritate the skin. The area tingled under his touch and with his neck craned, he could only stare at Chanyeol. It’s been years yet the familiar and tireless thrumming of his heart whenever Chanyeol’s near never ceased. It took a lot of effort not to hug the giant when he saw him again and now that he’s just a hairbreadth away from him, it is even harder to resist. No, he shouldn’t. He unconsciously bites his bottom lip as a sign of repulsion.

Both of them changed so much. Chanyeol’s features became sharper, coal as dark tresses are now swept, exposing his forehead, muscles became more prominent even under his white coat and the last time he saw him, his childhood bestfriend is just a few centimeters taller than him. Now, the doe has to crane his neck just to have a good look of him. Luhan on the other hand isn’t the same timid and helpless person who needs someone to save him. But there’s one thing that never changed, his heart that still stubbornly beats for him despite of a decade that has passed mundanely. The insane yearning intensifies as he gets a glimpse of the reason why he fell hard for him. Chanyeol’s forehead creased in cautious concentration as he dabbed the white cloth on his face. He's always been like this, gentle, kindhearted, considerable, and very passionate, exactly his ideal type of a man. He is perfect, too perfect for Luhan’s eyes and unfortunately the embodiment of perfection will never be his.

Luhan internally recoiled. Yeah, Chanyeol only treated him as a brother, a senior, a confidant platonically, never romantically. And the truth fucking hurts like he got butchered multiple times. Just when he thought that those feelings finally went dull and diminished but he was proven wrong when he saw him again.

“So who is Sehun, Lu?” Chanyeol asked in his smooth, deep voice while still rubbing the wet patch on his forehead.

Luhan lets out a displeased grunt. “Please, refrain from ever mentioning that name, Chanyeol-ah. It totally ruins my day.” But he’s thankful that he mentioned him. He needs some leverage to get a hold of him back to reality. “And call me hyung, you cheeky rascal.” He pushed the taller subtly to get an intake of oxygen that will supply his palpitating chest.

Chanyeol chuckles at the cuteness that Luhan currently displays. The traces of ink were finally gone and what’s left is Luhan’s flawless and unblemished skin. He is turning thirty, yet he still looks so young, as though he gobbled a fountain of youth. He’s even older than Chanyeol himself yet he really looks much younger than the latter. The doe's beautiful face scrunched when some of the thin fibers of the wipes went to his nostrils. He tried to remove it but clearly failed so Chanyeol went closer to him again then removed the offensive intruder. The blue-eyed giant smiled at the surprise expression on the smaller’s face. No matter what his facial expressions are, he still looks so cute and adorable. Definitely a baby… his baby. He knew it is impolite, but he couldn’t help himself but to encase the beauty’s small face on his large palms. He’s been waiting for so long to have this opportunity, to finally have Luhan in this proximity, opportunity that’s been thwarted and stolen from him countless times.