Mistaken

More fluff, also working on angst + something that may turn into 3-4 parts. Enjoy

It's a lazy day at the lair, the turtles not even bothering to put their masks on upon waking up. April and Casey stayed the night as there's no school today, so they're also lurking about—playing video games with Mikey and Donnie, from what Leo can tell. He's just grabbing a slice of leftover pizza when Casey suddenly appears behind him.

"Hey," says the human, causing Leo to nearly jump out of his shell, "can we talk for a sec?"

Leo, ever the analytic, tries to tell the tone of his voice before turning around, and he's picking up some sort of uncertainty, or, dare he say, anxiety, or a lack of confidence. Slowly, he turns around, only to see the hockey player blushing and looking at the floor.

Casey closes his eyes before taking a deep breath, seeing reptilian feet turn around in his peripheral and taking it as a silent response. Still, he keeps his eyes shut, trying to gain some confidence back.

"So," he begins, only opening his eyes to look back to the floor, shoving his sweaty hands in his sweatpants pockets, "I've...we've known each other for a while now, and for the past few months I've been wanting to say...."

He trails off, and the reptile readjusts his standing position while he waits patiently for the human to continue. Already, Leo has a strong feeling where this conversation is going, and he doesn't like it one bit.

"Look," Casey says again after a grounding breath, "I just...I can't get you out of my head. It feels like I'm obsessed with you."

Leo feels his heart crumble into dust in his chest. He feels nothing towards Casey—not like that, anyway. Raph, on the other hand, has liked his best friend for months now, and he can't even imagine breaking this to his younger brother. Oh, the awkward tension, harsher bruises from training, Raph's anger only increasing from his pain which may grow to resentment towards him, Casey, or both—Leo's already dreading it all.

"I"—Casey swallows hard—"I know we're supposed to be best friends," and Leo wants to scream, "I just—every time I close my eyes, it's your stupid, sparkling green eyes and that little chip on your chest."

Now Leo just finds himself reeling in utter confusion. Green eyes? Chip on the chest? Best friend? He might as well be talking to—

Oh.

Oh.

Leo bites his bottom lip to hold back a snicker, feeling his heart piece back together in an instant and waits to see how long it takes Casey to realize.

"Alright, I'm just gonna say it," the teenager blurts, and Leo doesn't know if he'd been talking the minute it took his epiphany. "I think I'm in lo—"

It takes only right now for Casey to look up from the floor, and Leo can't help his shoulders from shaking lightly in stifled laughter—especially seeing his face turn impossibly redder. The human clears his throat in an attempt to regain some composure.

"You're not Raph."

"I'm not," and now he lets himself laugh at Casey's embarrassment.

"You really thought I was Raph?" Leo says after a minute, coming down from his laughing fit.

"Yeah!" comes the snarky response. "You're, like, the same height, similar color, and it's not like you have your mask on! If you were, I would've known who you are!"

The statement gives Leo an idea for a prank he'd have to discuss with Raph in the future. Still, Casey has a point, and he feels a little bad now—only a little.

"Sorry," the turtle says sincerely, even with a trace of amusement. "He's probably in the dojo, if you don't know where he's at."

Casey nods in thanks, his face returning to normal color, and they both turn to their respective directions.

"Oh, Casey!"

Casey to turn around just as he's about to leave the room, grabbing onto the doorway to face Leo.

"That's a pretty cute speech, by the way," and grants him a wink. "Raph's gonna love it."

ANOTHER SHORTIE. I HOPE IT'S A GOODIE <333 ALSO GIVE ME MUSIC/PLAYLISTS FOR THEM I DON'T HAVE THEM LIKE I USED TO </3 fun fact according to Paramount+ "The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones" was the first ep to have come out since I first made my Wattpad account 9 years ago

Published: Jan. 6 23, 6:50 p.m. EST