First Year

"Maman! Papa! I got in!" The Dupain-Cheng family cheers. A tear of joy and relief slips down Marinette's cheek.

Arms full of letters, Damian walks into his father's study and dramatically drops the stack onto the desk.

"It's gotten out of hand." The eleven year old boy continues, "And they all say the same thing!"

"Damian, just ask Alfred to get rid of them." Bruce offers, tired of receiving countless letters.

"I tried! Pennyworth refuses, mumbling about something important. We need to go to the proper authorities and report that I'm being harassed via mail." Bruce sighs at his son's demand. Letters inviting Damian to attend Ilvermorny, a school for 'witchcraft and wizardry' in Massachusetts, have been coming to the manor for weeks. Both Wayne's are at their wits end, unable to figure out who's taking the time to hand write hundreds of letters, seal them with wax, and sneak them onto the grounds. No mailmen deliver them, its as if they spawn on the doorstep with a ring of the doorbell.

At first everyone thought it was Jason or some kids from school but as the letters came in more and more often there was never any evidence as to who it was or a return address. Once Damian could have sworn he saw an owl dropping one off. And Jason vehemently denied having anything to do with it.

Dick took it to the station but there was no indication as to where it came from, Duke and Steph thought it was hilarious. Alfred has been oddly silent on the matter, giving Damian the letters as they come instead of getting rid of them with the other junk mail.

FInally, the police are called. An official file was started but, like in Dick's preliminary investigation, there wasn't much to go on.

Then, when everyone was coming to terms with just receiving the letters until they stopped, on a bright Saturday morning, someone knocked on the front door. Tim, who had been on his way to the kitchen for coffee, jumped at the intrusion and looked through the peephole before opening it to a nice looking woman with a bright smile.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, is this the residence of Damian Wayne?"

"Um, how did you get in? We have gates. You know what, hold on a sec." Tim pulls out his phone and calls Bruce, shouting would be rude in front of the company, no matter how suspicious they seem.

Tim, gives her a polite smile and steps back, out of earshot of the woman he's now keeping a close eye on. "Um, there's a lady here asking if Damian lives here? She's at the front door." He whispers, concerned.

Alfred chooses that moment to walk in, scarring Tim half to death before inviting the woman in for a seat while he gets Damian and his father.

Now in a sitting room, the woman who introduced herself as Margarie apologizes for the sudden intrusion. "I really am sorry for being a bother but when we never got a response we knew there had to be some sort of issue."

"Response to what?" Damian asks, walking in with his father. Both impeccably dressed to intimidate.

"Our letters of course, please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Margarie Wright, a member of the Ilvermorny-"

"-Admissions Office?" Damian finishes, thanking Alfred for the tea being handed to him.

"So you did get the letters! Was there an issue getting a response back to us?" She asks, looking up from tugging at her skit, a flicker of annoyance on her brow. This time Bruce is the one to interrupt.

"We don't appreciate whatever kind of prank this is, if you don't stop we will go to the police."

"Back to the police." Damian corrects, annoyed to see this woman was behind it all. Her annoyance dissolves into understanding.