Sixth Year

When Marinette and Damian got their letters about being Perfects they wrote letters to each other immediately, excited to share the good news.

Eager to start the new year, they have a great time watching the first years get sorted but once the students settle down, Headmistress McGonagall begins to speak.

"I am eager to announce that we have finally gotten an exchange program between Hogwarts, Ilvermorny, and Beauxbatons. In honor of this a group of fifth and sixth years have left to Ilvermorny. So without further adieu please join me in welcoming our exchange students from Beauxbatons!" Students cheered and clapped as the students in their pristine uniforms, Marinette shrunk as she saw who was leading the group.

"Something wrong, Marinette?" Damian asks, getting some other Slytherins' attention. Marinette diverts her eyes from Lila. That's when the other sixth years recognize the girl from boggart day. Damian wraps his arm around Marinette and glares holes into the back of the French students' heads.

"I'm fine." She insists, picking at her food.

McGonagal explains that the exchange students will be meeting with their assigned roommates during the feast and that she hopes everyone enjoys the food.

Head boy and girl work their way through the houses, starting with Grifindor before going to Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. By the time they get to the Slytherin table only a handful of students are left. Damian has a vicious look in his eye as he tries to get Marinette to eat something, Lila was assigned to stay with some Hufflepuffs but Marinette only shrinks further when she chances a peek at who's left.

Damian finally gets his girlfriend to take a bite of her food when the head girl approaches them.

"Wayne, where's Marinette?" The girl pokes her head out from her hiding spot, tucked under Damian's arm, as she swallows her food.

"Hey! Okay so this is Alya and Sabrina, since Kagami and Liset decided to take part in the exchange program they're gonna be your roommates this year!"

"We've actually already met." Marinette adds, shrinking further into her boyfriend's warmth.

"That's great, why don't you guys catch up while I make sure everyone else is settled?"

"Actually," Damian cuts in, "I think I left something in my old dorm. Marinette, would you come with me to get it before those annoying fifth years get their hands on Alfred the cat's hoop?" The absurdity of the request distracts everyone enough for the couple to escape, Marinette gives him a grateful smile.

They take a stroll through the halls, Damian somehow amazing at avoiding Mrs Norris.

"The girl in the front was who you saw on boggart day."

"It's not a big deal. She just lied a lot when we were younger." Damian just takes her hand and lets her think through her words. "I called her out on it when I realized all her 'amazing' stories weren't true and she didn't like that. She started saying I was bullying her, claimed I pushed her down the stairs. She swore she'd turn all my friends against me. Funny thing is, that's the one promise she ever followed through on. My entire year hated me, people I'd known since I was five shunned and glared at me all because of some exchange student."

"It always felt so ridiculous, the lies she told were laughable. Once she almost got me expelled, that's when the school found out she was lying. But she claimed to have a lying curse so she didn't get in trouble. And none of the teachers ever stepped in to stop her lies, except Madam Mendeleiev. She helped me transfer here for our first year."

"If she starts up again we'll go to McGonagal. She won't be fooled by the liar." Marinette nods but knows Lila won't be as reckless here, she'll find who Marinette loves most and try to destroy her life, again.