Fifth Year

In one of his letters over the summer, Damian mentions a gala that his family would be hosting. He offers to fly her out so she could drop by for a weekend, he could show her around Gotham and Metropolis and she could serve as a much needed distraction during the gala.

Marinette laughs it off saying she'd never go on some weird metal tube in the sky. Damian insists it's very safe and that she'd just need a passport.

Realizing he was serious, Marinette is ecstatic and offers to floo over whenever, assuming he has a fireplace.

Marinette asks her parents if she could visit Damian and his family for a night or two for a party they're having and to see America; it takes some convincing but they eventually say yes. After that it was a matter of ironing out the details.

Damian conveniently forgot to tell his siblings about having a friend over so only Steph was home when Marinette arrived.

Bruce was very interested in how Marinette would be getting to their home without teleporting with the aparation thing Alfred told him about. Steph's interest was piqued when she saw the three boys heading into one of the rarely used sitting rooms with a big fireplace. Both Damian and Bruce assumed the bigger the fireplace the better for her arrival. Alfred had to hold in a laugh when he saw Damian inspect the fire pit to make sure she wouldn't get dirty upon arrival.

Once the fireplace passed his inspection, Alfred advised the boys to stand back incase of a difficult landing as Steph stepped closer to get a better view, ready to call in the cavalry to annoy Damian.

Damian checks his watch.

"It's three thirty, how long does this take?"

"A few moments, have patience. Flooing alone for the first time can be scary, mispronounce your destination and you may end up somewhere completely different then where you intended." Another minute passed by and then all of a sudden Marinette was standing in front of them, her elbows tucked in tight and her eyes shut.

She hesitantly opens an eye before beaming and dropping her bag in favor of hugging Damian.

"Yes! I knew it was manor! Fourth times a charm!" She whispers the next part into Damian's ear, "I think I broke into Malfoy mansion by accident but don't tell!" Damian bursts out laughing at her confession.

"Hey, Alfred! Good to see you guys again." Marinette gives Alfred and Bruce hello hugs and Steph decides to introduce herself.

"I'm Steph, one of Damian's sisters."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Marinette."

"Alright, I'm sure you have plenty to go tell the other mongrels. I'm going to take Marinette to her room." Damian takes Marinette's bag and escorts her out but Steph already has her phone out.

"Now they'll all be here by day's end."

"Don't be so pessimistic, I'm here. That means chocolate frogs! I practically cleared out my parent's stash." Steph caught up with the two now, her phone ringing like there's no tomorrow.

"What's that noise?"

"My phone." Steph answers, Marinette looks to Damian.

"You didn't tell me they did that."

"They send mini letters, remember? It makes a noise when it gets a message from someone else."

"How?"

"It has a speaker in it."

"How does that work without magic?" Steph shrugs, not really sure.

"So what did I hear about chocolate?"