Chapter One - Should I?

"OMG! My heart!" I yelled, dramatically putting my hand over my heart. People looked over at me but I didn't care.
"Fida, shut up." Ayesha rolled her eyes. We were in the food court of a crowded mall. I was sitting with my friends when I got a notification that Hussain Asif tweeted. Who, I hear you ask? Only the hottest, funniest, caring, talented guy there is! Only problem was that he lived in another country. And didn't know I existed.
"No, I am not going to shut up! He's so beautiful. I'm going to cry." I beamed at the picture. Hussain had just uploaded a picture of himself with a really cute baby called Aliyah and he was making this adorable face. I just wanted to squeal.
"Anyways, I was saying. Green or pink?" Inaya grinned. She was going to another wedding and as usual she didn't have anything to wear, even though she had a million dresses.
"Stop changing the subject. You have to admit though. Hussain is good looking right?" I asked. They all glanced at each other.
"Yeah, he's alright. But I like the other one better. The one that dresses up as a girl. He's hot." Inaya smiled. She meant Shehry. I grinned and high fived her.
"Good girl! Now, you two. Ayesha. Noureen. What do you think?" I smirked at both of them.
"Yes Hussain is good looking. Happy?" Noureen sighed. I nodded, grinning.
"Ayesha?"
"Hmm." Ayesha answered, her eyes stuck on her phone. I grabbed it off her.
"Fida! Give it back!" Ayesha tried to get it off me but I threw it over to Inaya.
"Oh baby I love you so much!" Inaya read off the screen, giggling.
"Woah! What? Ayesha! Astaghfirullah girl!" I laughed. Ayesha hit my arm.
"You know very well that I didn't write that." Ayesha frowned. We all burst out laughing. Ayesha and her boyfriend had been together since grade seven and now we were all in university.
"He did." Inaya replied casually. Ayesha's eyes widened.
"What?! Let me see!" Ayesha yelped, grabbing the phone from Inaya. She read the screen and narrowed her eyes at us.
"I'm leaving. I can't be with such childish people." Ayesha frowned and stood up. I pulled her back to her seat.
"Yeah, do that. But first, who do you find hot from the DhoomBros?" I asked.
"No one." She said, crossing her arms over her chest. I slapped her arm.
"Ayeshaaaa!" I whined. She laughed.
"I find someone else hot." Ayesha winked. We all burst out laughing. We all knew who she was talking about.
"Obviously jiju." Inaya chuckled. My phone rang. It was my mom.
"Haan Ami." I answered.
"Baby, come back to bed." Inaya said loudly in a weird voice. I shoved her while the others giggled quietly.
"Who was that?" I heard Ami say. I rolled my eyes.
"Just Inaya. You know how she is." I scowled. Ami laughed.
"Pagal ladki. Anyway, I wanted to ask, are you busy?" Ami asked.
"Nahi. Kyun?"
"Can you come home? There are people coming over and I need your help." She said.
"Okay. Bye."
"Allah hafez." Ami said and cut the call. I punched Inaya.
"Ow!" Inaya howled.
"Bye." I smirked and left the group, while they waved. These three girls were my best friends. I loved them so much. We were more like family. Our families even knew each other. Me and Inaya were like twins. Both hyper, outgoing and loud. Ayesha was quieter but just as fun. Noureen, however, was the mature one. She was the one stopping our crazy ideas when they got too crazy but we love her anyway.

The next day, I woke up late, since it was a Sunday and opened up my laptop. I was half asleep on the sofa when my phone vibrated, causing me to jolt awake. I opened my notifications to see that Nosh Kay had tweeted! Awesome! Nausheen Khurram, also known as Nosh Kay, was Waqas' sister. Waqas was one of the members of DhoomBros and Hussain's cousin. Nosh was so talented. She was a professional photographer as well as a jewellery designer. I opened up the tweet to see that it was a blog post on her website, announcing that they were hiring! OMG! I was so excited! The post said that Nosh wanted a actress between the ages of 20-22. OMG! This fitted me so much! I loved acting and I was 21 years old. Should I apply? But that would mean I would have to go all the way to America from Australia, where I lived. All I had to do was send in an audition tape. Should I?

"You should." Ayesha advised. Ayesha, Inaya and Noureen were now at my house. I had told them about the job vacancy.
"But maybe you should ask Aunty or something..like yes, you're 21 but you can't just leave and go to New York." Noureen said. I nodded. She was right.
"But it's a once in a lifetime chance! You might even get to meet the DhoomBros!" Inaya grinned cheerfully.
"Inaya, were you not listening? It's not safe! Where will you stay?" Noureen asked. Before I could answer, Inaya beat me to it.
"Who said she'll get hired? At least try girl!" Inaya pleaded. I sighed.
"I'm going to do it." I announced my final decision.
"Fida, yaar, be careful. Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Noureen asked. I smiled, to ease her worries.
"Yeah, I'm sure." I assured.

~5 weeks later~

I sent in my audition tape that day and I had been waiting for Nosh's email since then. But she hasn't replied. Today, I was going out with Inaya, Noureen and Ayesha. I arrived at the park we were supposed to meet when I saw Inaya and Noureen making their way towards them. I smiled and waved. They waved back.
"Hey." They greeted.
"Sup? Where's Ayesha?" I asked.
"Don't know." Noureen shrugged.
"Oh there she is!" Inaya pointed to behind me. I turned around to see Ayesha get out of a car with this other guy. I realised it was Zaki, Ayesha's boyfriend cause he had his arm around her neck and she slapped it off. They walked over to us.
"Asalamulaikum jiju." Inaya smirked.
"Walaikumsalam Inaya jee. Kaise ho?" Zaki smiled.
"Theek hoon. Aap?" Inaya smiled back.
"Main bhi-" Before Zaki could finish, Ayesha interrupted.
"Why are you all being so formal?" Ayesha raised her eyebrows.
"Don't ruin it yaar!" Inaya pouted. We all laughed. We all knew each other since seventh grade while I knew Zaki since we were like eight cause we were family friends. We walked to a less crowded space and sat down. We started talking.

Half an hour later, my phone vibrated. I was kind of dazed thinking about DhoomBros so I didn't realise.
"Fida. Your phone." Zaki nudged.
"Oh!" I blinked. I picked up my phone and opened the notifications. There was a email. FROM NOSHKAY! I quickly opened it, my heart pounding fast. I started reading out loud.

Dear Ms Fida Ahmed,

Thank you for the audition tape you have sent in for Laaj Studios. We are delighted to tell you that you have been chosen as a actress for our upcoming projects.

Please expect a call from Laaj Studios' CEO in the next few days.

Best regards,

Nosh Khurram
CEO
Laaj Studios

I screamed out loud.
"Woah, calm down!" Zaki shushed, looking around.
"Congratulations Fidu!" Inaya hugged me. Ayesha and Noureen hugged me as well while Zaki side hugged me.
"So are you going to leave us and go to America now?" Zaki grinned. I shrugged.
"I don't know. I'll probably see what they say when they call me." I said.
That day we chatted, ate and had fun. The whole time, I was waiting for the call.
The call came the next day. I picked up and ran to my room.
"Hello?" I answered nervously.
"Hi. Is this Fida Ahmed?" I heard a female voice.
"Yeah.."
"This is Nosh Khurram speaking, co-CEO of Laaj Studios. I'd like to say congratulations on joining our company." She said. I smiled.
"Thank you. I look forward to working with Laaj Studios." I said politely.
"We'd love for you to start right away, seeing as our project is due to start in a few weeks, however, on your resume, it says that you live in Australia?" Nosh asked.
"Yeah. I can come to America though." I said quickly. Why was I feeling so breathless? Oh yeah. THIS WAS HUSSAIN'S COUSIN I WAS TALKING TO.
"Exactly. So we're paying for your ticket to come to New York." Nosh chuckled.
"What? No! Nosh, it's okay. May I call you Nosh?" I asked nervously.
"Yeah of course! Call me whatever you want." She laughed.
"Nosh api, I can pay for my ticket. The thing is I might take some time to book a hotel and lots of other things." I said, trying not to sound unpleasant.
"No, no. Listen to me. Since you are coming here for our company, we will pay for your ticket and we will fix up your visa and everything, you don't need to worry about anything. Please." Nosh pleaded. I smiled. She was so nice. It felt like she was my own sister.
"Okay api." I gave in.
"Awesome. I'll call you tomorrow and text you your flight details by tonight, your time. Bye."
"Bye." I smiled and she cut the call. i squealed and jumped up and down. I was going to New York!

Heyyyy! Hope you liked the first chapter of Chance in a Lifetime. Please do check out my other DhoomBros fanfics, 'Life's Always Full of Your Love' and 'Always For You'. Thanks for reading and please do vote and comment. Need feedback!