~ 1. first encounter ~

Found you in this place.

Niko's POV:

Another day, another game in these so-called Borderlands. I don't know how or why I ended up here. I mean, I hated life even before this, so you could call this a break in reality. Before everyone disappeared, I was fighting with my older brother and my dad because they found out I was gay, so I ran away to the bar. My mother had also not long ago died, and I think they tried to blame me, which made me hate this life more than anything. Running away from my problems would always be the answer for me because I never really had any support from anyone, so I had to find my own sort of comfort. Once I had pulled myself together, I started to head back home, expecting to be yelled at by my dad for running away, but it surprised me even more when I saw that no one was home. I looked all around the house and then around my street just to see that everyone had completely disappeared, and that's when everything began.

I need to play a game so that my visa doesn't expire, and I'm really not looking forward to it, as per usual. I start walking over to the game's location, an apartment. I sigh and briefly examine the players: two girls wearing summer dresses, a guy who looks scared shitless, a businessman, an innocent old lady, an athletic girl, a buff guy and his mate, and a detective.

In the corner stood the man who piqued my interest the most. He has long, bleached blonde hair and dark brown eyes. He has a white Nike hoodie, with the hood up and black jogging bottoms. I looked him up and down and saw a small device charging at the side of him. Could it be a weapon? I just brush any thoughts away and focus on the game.

I go and grab a phone from the table and make my way over to a free space in between the old woman and the two girls. I hear loud footsteps coming from the entrance. I look up to see two boys, one with a light blue shirt and messy dark hair, and the other with a colourful flannel and blonde hair.

The guy that looked scared shitless ran over to the pair and was distressfully asking them to explain this whole thing. As the messy haired boy was about to start talking to him, the other one stopped him from doing so.

Our phones then all notified us at the same time that the game was beginning.

THERE ARE A TOTAL OF 14 PARTICIPANTS

{GAME: TAG}

GAME DIFFICULTY: FIVE OF SPADES

-everyone in the complex will be running from "Oni," also known as "It."

-there is an unlocked room in the complex that is the "safe zone."

-it is GAME CLEAR if players find the safe zone within the time limit.

-If the time limit is reached or "Oni" kills all players, it is GAME OVER

-you are given 20 minutes.

It sounds easy enough. I think some people overestimate how easy these games can be, and it makes me laugh to see people being so clueless about them. Everyone rushes towards the stairs, not wanting to be killed. As everyone rushes away, I make my way over to the elevator just to be greeted by the same guy that I had taken an interest in earlier. He nods at me as I do the same in return and press the button to the top floor.

"So you think the top floor will be easier to survive on too?" He finally speaks up.

"Pretty much."

"Chishiya. Shuntaro Chishiya. You?" He turns to me with a smirk.