°|'Chapter 1'|°

'My name is, Iris Aniston, though where I am writing this right now is on a train to small heath. I have left my old life behind me I'll miss the country side and my parents ,but after their deaths I just couldn't stay there anymore. But I have 250£ from my mum and dads joint will, so I'm hoping to find a house and some new stuff to put in it, and hopefully some friends and someone who loves me, keeping the word hope in mind.' You wrote down in your new diary, soon after sliding it into your purse, after leaving all your stuff at your parents house to get rid of all smells and memories so you wouldn't have to suffer anymore misery of there deaths. Sitting there in a small train carriage, on an itchy granny styled seat with just a purse and your Panama hat by your side. Glaring out the slightly opened carriage window, soon impacted with a slight whiff of smoke and cigars. Looking around outside your window was passer-bys and a lots workmen constructing who knows what. After a few minutes the train was pulled to a stop and people were let out. Stepping outside you could smell the smoke much more, you looked around and saw a taxi, quickly striding over with your black pumps clicking against the rough pebbled laid floor.

The man looks your way and smiles, "Need a ride somewhere sweetheart?" He asks curiously, his cap laid on his head perfectly.

You were a bit overwhelmed when being called sweetheart, it had reminded you of your father it felt, nice. "Yes please, I heard there was a pub here called the Garrisons or something I'd like to go there please." You say back with a sweet smile plastered along your face.

"Of course, hop in love, be careful around there though. There's some scary people." He achedly says to you, before you hop in to the car.

On your ride to the pub, you realised alot of men wore the same hat the driver was, you found it shocking as they all looked the same. You open your purse to pull out a lipstick. You repaint your lips with a velvet red colour before the car comes to a Holt.

"This is as far as I go, but the pub is just round this corner once you turn the corner you'll see it love, alright? Also don't worry about paying you seem to need your money more than I do." He says to you with a sweet smile.

"Oh okay, and thank you sir. Have a blessed day." You kindly reply to the man, stepping out grabbing your purse and laying your hat on your head, trying not to ruin your freshly brown curled hair.

You continue walking away from the car, waving goodbye to the man. Turning the corner seeing a burst of fire come from a working area you guess, seeing the pub just beyond the workplace. You strut down the path your pumps still clicking as you walk. Looking around seeing tall brown and red buildings to the left and right off you, with women walking up and down with long dresses and hats with flowers and men with the same hat as everyone else with freshly laundred suits. It seemed fake to you. While walking you reached to your destination the pub. You didn't believe it was real that you were even here! You used to be friends with the bar owner. Hoping he still worked here from when you used to visit with your parents but it had been 4 years since your last visit. Walking into the pub, taking your hat off and opening the doors to enter into the actual room. Everyone's gazes turned to you for a a few seconds then back to chatter. You walked over to the bar and saw a beautiful lady, with blonde curly hair, wearing her hair short and her beautifully done makeup.

"Hey, what can I get for you?" The barmaid asks, her hair moving as she turns from the last guy she was serving to you. Her accent was gorgeous, too gorgeous to be here with out a good reason.

"Oh, hello. I'm here for Harry. He owns the place, I've come to see him." You reply with a small smile.

"Of course! let me go fetch him for you." She smiles back to me.

As she walks away a little door to the right of you opens, a man's head poking out. "Grace ano- oh she's not here Boys, give it 5 minutes." As he turns to close the door he sees you looking around. "I recognise you." He says to you.