prologue

This chapter happens before joffery is born so Dany would be 11 or 12 correct me if I'm wrong

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Daenerys looked at the sky her head rested in her aunts the princess helaena's lap as she read Aegons Conquest to her. They had been in the gardens for the entire day and it was starting to get dark.

"Dany?"

"Yes laena?"

"Do you think mother would let me keep bran?" The princess helaena asked her friend her eyes lighting up at the thought of her pet spider which she named bran after bran the builer because when she had found the fury Insect it was building a web."of course she would everyone know you're her favorite she'd let you get away with murder and besides even if he didn't, I know a few places you could hide him."
"you'd do that for me?"helaena's asked excitedly."I'd do anything for you" Daenerys said to her friend in a serious fashion.

"So tell me what has your mother decided?" Dany asked getting up from her spot on the ground to sit face to face with helaena.

"About?" Helaena asked avoiding eye contact.

"Your betrothal, to Aegon?"

"Oh, right how could I forget" helaena muttered sadly at the reminder that she might have to marry her cruel brother. "Mother and father said i am to marry Aegon when I am ten and four years old" helaena mumbled to her friend never meeting her eyes." I don't want to marry him" helaena's voice broke and Dany pulled her into a tight hug letting her sob quietly on her shoulder as her listed all the reasons she didn't want to marry her brother and their were alot of reasons, alot.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Daenerys sat on the fur pelts on her chamber floor a book about the doom in hand, this was her favorite book gifted to her by her father ser laenor whom she loved with all her heart.
"Princess, your father has returned from his hunting trip with the king and has requested you see him" katia her own private hand maiden and friend announced as her entered the princess's room."thank you katia, will you go see if my brothers have finished in the dragon pit" Daenerys asked as huge smile took over her face as she hurriedly put a ribbon on the page she was reading a closed the book."of course princess" the maid responded already making her way out of Dany's room.
The princess walked as fast as she could to through the red keep to her father's rooms without tripping over her dress. As she got to her father's chambers she could see that the doors were already wide open and the princess Rhaenyra was sat opposite ser laenor drinking what Daenerys could only assume I wine. " kepa!" Daenerys boomed happily at her father who knelt to hug his daughter properly after having not seen her all week."there's my little dragon" Daenerys giggled loudly her eyes shut as she leant into her father's strong arms and ward embrace. "I've brought you back some gifts little one" Laenor said guiding Dany to a large chest in the middle of the room. Laenor slowly and carefully opened to chest to reveal four things he knew his eldest child really wanted more than anything. The first was a variety of different scents and oils to make herself smell good and clean she hated to feel or smell unclean at anytime. The second was a case of herds such as vanilla and rosemary among others which Daenerys puts in the daily bath. The third item was a dagger with a blue granite handle shaped like the body of a dragon which she had asked her mother for but was denied because girls should not pay with knives what a load of bull.. The last item was a hard silver necklace which was also shaped like a dragon that looked alot like ger own dragon the cannibal or as she named him, Tyraxes. and book lots and lots of books.