funerals and fathers

Dany's Pov

I was a week into my trip across the world in the beautiful kingdom of Tarth the ancestral seat of my sworn guard and friend Leon of Tarth when I received a raven from my grandmother the princess Rhaenys requesting my presents at the funeral of my beloved aunt the lady Laena Velaryon. I had only met my aunt Laena once when I was seven, but I loved her dearly, we exchanged letters regularly and she often shared stories of her childhood with me, she even told me she was once supposed to marry my grandsire, but he'd picked the lady Alicent instead which she was grateful for. Now I sat sobbing in Katia's arm, I'm quite curtain that my eyes were puffy and blood shot, but I didn't care. My aunt is dead, killed by her own dragon at her own command.

                                                                   *************************                                 

I stood in the hot sun on the shores of driftmark facing my aunt's coffin next to my grandmother the princess Rhaenys and my cousins as hot tears streamed down my cheeks as aunt laena's uncle vaemond gave a speech about while making not so discrete jabs at me and my brothers. from the corner of my eyes i could see Aegon yarn bored at the entire ordeal probably just wanting to disappear with some poor serving girl and force himself upon her, Aemond was gazing at the dragons on the nearby beach most likely wishing her could claim one and Helaena was looking right at me with a look of worry she knew how much i adored my aunt, i managed to smile just a little in attempt to assure her that I'm alright and it seemed to work as she went back to staring at the ocean.

lords and ladies from all over the seven kingdoms attended the funeral to pay their respects some even went the extra mile and shed fake tears for my aunt but i could see right through them. i watched as my mother held my brothers close as uncle vaemond continued without remorse alluded to us not being of pure valaryon blood but he was soon interrupted by prince Daemon husband to the lady Laena and my true father. he was laughing, my father was laughing at his own lady wife's funeral and somehow it didn't seem that surprising to the people around me.

                                                              **********************************

I stared at my cousin's Rhaena and Baela from across the room, I could only imagine the pain they must be feeling losing someone so important to them so soon. I had never been very close to my cousin, but I loved them like they were my own sisters. I walked silently over to my grieving cousins and without a single word took their hands into mine in attempt to comfort the two, it worked and for the next few minutes we sat silently crying over the loss of our beloved family member that is until my brother jacaerys came over to us probably at the behest of our mother to offer sympathy to the two young lady princesses. I took this chance to excuse myself from the pair after giving my brother a hug to go see my friend the princess Helaena.

"We have nothing in common" I heard my uncle Aegon say referring to his sister and betrothed Helaena. "she's our sister" the prince Aemond whispered to his brother in a defensive manner, he was always defensive when it came to his sister as her was completely infatuated with her not that he'd ever admit it, she was his brother's future wife.  Aegon the took a big gulp of his wine "you marry her then" I listened as Aegon slurred out neither was aware of my presents as of yet, I wanted to her what else they would say about my dear friend.

"I would perform my duty, if only mother had betrothed us" Aemond responded obviously smitten with his older sister.

Aegon scoffed bitterly he truly didn't want to marry Helaena and neither did she.

Finally, I had enough of eavesdropping on my uncle's conversation, so I walked up to them and smacked them both on the head.

"Seven hells"
"How dare you!?"