Rhythm

Chapter Prompt: slight Phone Guy x Fritz. (Fone)

Fritz is just a temp worker.

He doesn't have set hours, he doesn't even have a set wage. There's not counting to how many times he's had to readjust his sleeping schedule to cover if he'd work the dayshift or nightshift, maybe even both on rare occasions.Though, with high school finished and collage cost creeping around the corner, his pockets are empty and so are his excuses to complain.

Getting hired at Fazbear's was a strange happening, one event he remembered fondly. It was sometime before graduation, dragged along by his Ma to celebrate some kid's birthday party to whom he didn't even know. Probably one of her friend's kids, really. He was way too old for this kind of scene, but Pa said he needed to get out of the house more anyway.

Stepping inside the restaurant, the first thought that comes to mind is cheese. Pizza cheese, to be exact. Smelly, greasy, slimy cheese that dripped off the dish and stuck to the sides of hungry people's faces. He loved it.

The second thought that came to mind was the music.

He spots the animatronics immediately. They're the center of attention, not surprisingly, attracting adoring views from all across the room. Children are gathered around the stage, giggling and cheering among themselves as the weird blue bunny thing breaks into a solo.

He wants to tune them out, but discovers it's very difficult to do so. Especially since the melody has picked up the tempo.

Fritz feels a familiar twitch in his hands when the animatronic strum together, finishing the solo and returning to the tune. Ignoring the raised brow from the cashier, he finds a seat and pulls out his phone, texting who ever would reply until the party was over.

Eventually, the music stops and the lights in the animatronic's eyes dim. Cut from his trance, he glances up from the screen and stares towards the stage, quietly noting how empty the room had become. There's laughter and cheer coming from the ballpit room. The party was herded, not over..

Tapping his foot, he stares at the instrument set with a gleam in his eye until a tap on his shoulder brought him back to attention. It's the management, keys in hand and gesturing towards the front doors. Time to go, he guessed.

He's not gone very long.

Ok, so maybe his Ma wouldn't kill him for this, but Pa sure would. That is, only if he gets caught.

Fritz hums a quiet tune as he lockpicked Fazbear's front doors, cracking them open and softly shutting it behind him. Success.

He's not a thief, not like they would be anything here worth stealing anyway. He's just curious about a few things, and the only method to satisfy that curiosity would have gotten him kicked out before hand, or at least a couple of odd stares.

No, he was just here for the music. Surely the bots won't mind if he played a bit, right?

It's not like he had any chance to play at home....

Fritz checks his phone: 11:37 PM. Way after closing time, there wouldn't be anyone here. Probably.

The entire building is shrouded in darkness, but the light from his cellphone provides a path. The stage isn't hard to locate, and while it's still unnerving to see the strange animal bots there, he smiles as he spots sight of the drums..

It takes him ten seconds flat to sit down, pulling out sticks as he gave a wild grin, spinning them around his fingers. He raised a hand and delivered the first beat.

A deep, whooping sounds throughout the building and Fritz can't help but feel a spark.

There's another beat, then another, and another. The beat bounces off the walls and echoes down the corridor, leaving hums of vibrations in it's wake. It's a song with no backup, no lead, no assisting instrumentals and no condition.