Hide and Seek

Prompt: Friendship between Hannah and Jack, the children haunting Chica and Foxy animatronics. Also something very spiffly written just to get me back into writing again.

The pizzeria is always quiet in the early morning.

It's a little past 6AM and the night's security guard has already shuffled off the locker room, barely sparing any of the animatronics, mobile or not , a glance as he locks the door behind him, retreating to the employees room.

The Chica animatronic, returned to the stage where she supposedly belongs, follows the man with eerie, violet eyes . They shine in all their plastic glory underneath the low lights, metal body still as Mike exits the employees room finally. This time, he's clad in casual wear they don't see until the break of dawn, accompanied with the usual sneer on his face and what looks to be keys in his hands.
She waits until she hears the sound of the front doors opening and closing, the sound of a click and the patter of footsteps on pavement, making sure he's gone. Then, as the animatronic eyes dim and the body goes stiff, Hannah ascends from the animatronic, wisps of air seething through her tuff of hair.

Floating is a strange, odd concept she's too young to understand, so she pretends to feel the floor hit her feet as she drifts from table, smiling at the decorations and party hats skewered across the cloths. Mommy used to make the best cupcakes, she remembers, brushing transparent fingers over an abandoned paper plate. Her favorite flavor was vanilla, maybe? It's hard to remember.

The Freddy animatronic has gone stiff as well, Teddy already out and about. He floats more in thought than air, seeing as how they really had nothing better to do. Lily remained in Bonnie, keeping still as if she were sleeping. It's a funny thing to think about: sleep. None of them can remember what it felt like to dream, or wake up for the matter. Sure, there's the saying this death is eternal slumber, but it was more like an ongoing nightmare you can't break away from. Until you get used to it, then you contribute.

Being dead with hardly any sense of feeling human was such a bore.

But you gotta make the best of it, right?

She feels Lily glare into her back as she skips, or really, levitates while kicking her legs in the air as she flies across the room, the checkered floor soaring underneath her. If there was thing you couldn't lose in death, it was emotion. And apparently feeling 'giddy' was one that hooked to her like a magnet.
Pirate's cove is dark and gloomy as usual. Hannah musters some strength into her hand figuratively of course, spiraling it against the curtain and attempting to push it to the side. It's heavy, and it take a moment, but sure enough the entrance opens and another animatronic came into view. This time; a worn, torn-up Fox, red paint rising and a steel hook hanging off by a few bolts and screws, but still sharp enough to puncture, she supposed.

It's quiet, and nothing moves. Until the Fox's eyes flicker, Hannah smiles.

"Good morning!" She exclaims, voice chirpy and jumpy. She climbs into the cove's stage, not caring as the curtains shuffled back into place behind her. The lights the filled the cove disappeared as the entrance closed, shrouding the corner once more. It looks like theirs mold growing on the wall and claw marks along the wooden floors, but none of the sights bother her. She's seen worse, and frankly, she doesn't care.

"Did you sleep well?" She asks, a permanent grin on her face. The question itself is rhetorical, but it's a polite thing to say anyway. She doesn't receive an answer, as expected. The Fox simply states, a white speck glowing in the darkness. It's terrifying, to say the least, but Hannah finds it comforting. "C'mon, it's almost time for the pizzeria to open!"

It remains silent, the girl simply rolling her eyes and dramatically placing her hands in her hips, just like her mom used to. "You have to get up, silly-head!" She pouts,thought the corners of her mouth are twitching upwards. "Other kids are gonna be here soon and you can't be in Foxy when they do! It's too scary."