Chapter 4: The Mirror

Sometime later, Yugi, Norah and Téa sat around the smaller boy's desk while Miho stayed out in the hall waiting for the guys to come back. The girls made their introduction and Téa was ecstatic to know that there was another girl she could be friends with, which Norah couldn't help but laugh at. Yugi breathed a sigh of relief when he held the gold box, thankful it was safe and sound. He then looked up at the girls and had a look of awe. "Impressive." Yugi gushed to the brown-haired girl. "They're pretty scared of you, Téa. They may even be scared of you, Norah!"

"Wha...? Um, I..." Norah stammered as a blush formed on her face. She felt somewhat embarrassed, it was her first day and she shouldn't have gotten aggressive so soon. A teacher might've come by and she would've been in trouble. But then again, she promised to protect Yugi from now on, so she had to...although, she could've handled it better. She glanced up at Téa and noticed she had an angry look on her face. "If I act soft they'll mess with me." She replied. "Yugi! Sometimes you got to have guts!" She told him sharply. Yugi lowered his head. Norah only needed to tilt her head to see that a small smile had lifted his face.

"But...Joey isn't that bad of a guy..." Yugi started to say.

"Saying that about such a guy is why people mock you." Téa stated, leaving the timid boy with uncertainty. Norah scooted a bit closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's sweet of you to think that of him, Yugi." she tells him. "But she does have a point." Yugi stared at her before lowering his head. Not sure of what to say. But that's how Yugi always will be, looking for the good in everyone before looking for the bad. 'Even in someone like me...' Norah loved how kind and considerate Yugi can be, it's one of his best qualities, but it worried her to no end how far that will cause him heartache. Yugi needs to gain more confidence in himself and his abilities to one day fight back, but it'll take some time for him to do that. Going on to change the subject, Téa pointed to the box in the centre of the desk. "By the way, what is this?" She asked.

"Oh, right! Téa, you and Nora haven't seen it yet, right? Let me show you my secret." Yugi said.

"I'll keep it secret. Let me see! Let me see!" Tea said.

"Yeah, me too! Promise!" Norah beamed excitedly, trying not to squeal. 'I'd finally get to see it!' Yugi opened and lifted the lid slowly, so as not to damage it. They looked inside and stared at the many gold pieces in awe. They were so bright, it almost seemed that they were glowing. Norah gasped. It was, indeed, beautiful. Yugi's treasure so entranced them, none of them noticed the light shaking going off in Nora's school bag.

"Eh? It's beautiful!" Tea exclaimed.

"Wow...this is awesome. Look at all these crazy pieces." Nora breathed. She reached out and picked up a piece of the puzzle, admiring it. And for a second she could've sworn it glowed when she touched it but it faded just as quickly as it appeared. Norah pretended to be confused, knowing it would unnerve Yugi if she came out putting her prior knowledge of his prized object. "Is it some sort of puzzle or something?" She asked, her voice filling with excitement.

Yugi nodded. "I haven't finished it, so I don't know what its shape is yet!" He exclaimed as he and Téa took out some pieces as well. Norah reached inside the box again and grabbed a second one. She was amazed by it all. She had seen many types of puzzles in Yugi's house, but this was so complex and that made it twice as fun, plus this thing was from Egypt. How cool is that?! Now she understood why Yugi was so excited about it. 'Hm, oh! It looks like this piece would go with the one in my hand. It wouldn't hurt to try.' Norah lightly giggled to herself as she put the two pieces together. To her surprise, they clicked into place. Her eyes widened with worry and she carefully placed the two combined pieces back in the box before anyone noticed. She didn't want to risk making Yugi upset when he was so set on completing it himself.