Chapter 6: Game Of Darkness, Part 2

Ushio picked up Yugi and delivered a hard punch, knocking him down to the ground. He then stomped down hard on his side before kicking him square in the ribs. Yugi cried out in pain as he curled into a ball, holding his wounded side and stomach. Ushio dragged him up to his feet and proceeded to beat him mercilessly, blow after merciless blow rained down on him and there was nothing Yugi could do to stop him. Ushio grabbed his collar and slammed him against the wall with another kick to the stomach. Yugi collapsed with a gasp. He could barely breathe. He couldn't keep his eyes open. He slipped in and out of consciousness as he prayed that this would end soon. Through his blurry vision, he saw Ushio walking towards him again. Reeving himself to give Yugi further punishment when a voice, dripped in absolute rage screamed over them. "YOU BASTARD!! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM!!"

'That.... that voice... I remember it... is it...' Yugi weakly thought. Though it had made Ushio freeze in place for a moment, Yugi oddly enough felt somewhat comforted. Because he knew that it belonged to someone who was just as lonely and sad as he was. She screamed and yelled because of the amount of it all had built up inside. That person was and still is very dear to him, and who he wouldn't give to see again. But was it her...? Yugi tried to lift his head and open his eyes, but he couldn't get his body to respond to him.

Ushio turned to the side and all he could see was a faint purple blur before a powerful punch in the stomach caught him off guard. He doubled over before Norah spun around and shot a kick to his chest, knocking the wind out of him. When he was down, Norah turned around and gasped when she saw Yugi curled up in pain. "Yugi! Oh God, I'm so sorry..! This shouldn't have happened, but I'll get you out of here!" Norah tells him. She wrapped her arms around him and carefully tried to pick him up, manoeuvring him to rest on her back when she heard Ushio letting out a grunt of pain. She looked behind her and saw Ushio glaring daggers at her as he furiously wiped the trail of blood from his jaw. "You stupid little bitch! You'll share the punishment as he will!!"

Norah's eyes widened. She pulled Yugi in front of her and held him close in her arms. She used her body as a shield to protect him and Ushio beat her down with punches and kicks. He gripped her hair and tried to force her away, but she refused to let go of Yugi and held on to him tighter. Norah didn't care what he did to her. She went through much worse in the streets than whatever he tried to do. She just kept her focus on Yugi. He was way more important to her. Once Ushio was done and gone, she would take her beloved back home where he would be safe and sound. Ushio struck her hard in the back of the head which left her a bit disoriented and after kicking her and Yugi both against the wall. Ushio finally had enough for now.

"That's enough for today. Tomorrow we'll show the fruits of your 'education'." Ushio said. Norah's vision was turning blurry and the edges were going black. She was losing consciousness, she knew it. 'I can't pass out now... Yugi... He needs me right now... Got to...stay awake...' Norah thought to herself. 'I...have to...protect him.' She forced herself to stay awake and get Yugi home, but as she tried her best move, the blow she took to the head, from earlier and now, wasn't making things easier for her. Ushio went to walk away but was stopped by another voice.

"Hey!" Norah glanced up and saw that Joey and Tristan arrived just in time. She smiled lightly. Oh, thank goodness... They managed to show up. That's great. She wasn't sure about them yet, but she knew she could count on them to help out. She was sure they could help Yugi get back. She just needed to ask. She opened her mouth to speak, but the words failed to come out as she slipped into unconsciousness. Still holding onto Yugi.

Ushio turned around and smiled mockingly. "What? It's the bullies." Joey and Tristan glared down at him and the blonde-haired young man looked and was shocked to see the beaten forms of Yugi and Norah. He quickly rushed over to them and kneeled to their level. "Yugi! Norah! Hey! Hang on!!" Joey called out.