[ 011 ] turn the light off

𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter eleven ; turn the light off
[ season one, episode eleven ]

chapter eleven ; turn the light off[ season one, episode eleven ]

THE TEAM HAD ARRIVED at another crime scene. Amy, Jay, and Mia were questioning the security guard. He was in shock and covered in blood. "It doesn't make any sense. It was, uh, it was Reginald's birthday tomorrow. We were gonna go to the Pink Money. All of us." His voice was shaking.

"What did you see?" Jay asked.

"I was in, uh, in the... my office in the back of the building. I heard like, um, like a pop, pop, pop. And by the time I got here, it was... everyone was just... I mean, I tried to hold Tinker's head with my hand, but I couldn't keep the blood in."

"We're gonna need to see all of your security footage," Amy told him.

The security guard looked at her. "Yeah. Whatever you need."

They went to the rest of the team after finishing the questioning. "What did you get from the security guy?" Hank asked them.

"Seemed in genuine shock," Mia answered. "What about your guy?"

"Eight million reasons I can think of why one of them is lying."

They got back to the district soon after that and started the briefing. Jay stood by the whiteboard. "All right. Perko's been with the company for two years. He's got no criminal record."

"He did have a juvie one, though," Amy added. She was holding a file. "Perko and his brother, Dominik, got punched at 15 on a drug conspiracy for selling meth. He had a mandatory release at 18 and stayed on the straight and narrow, but the brother kept dealing for a Croatian gang, the Two-Threes. The brother's currently serving eight years at Stateville."

Jin set up the tv. They had gotten tv footage, and he had to go through it. "Okay. So! They had six video cameras, which you'd think would be aces, right? But, as you can see, cameras one and two, the crew stays too far out of frame to be of any useful identification."

"Three and four, they stay out of frame altogether," he continued. "And on five, they keep their backs to the camera. Six, the one camera that they can't avoid... well, it's conveniently obscured by the gate."

"There's no way this isn't an inside job," Antonio spoke. And they agreed.

"I talked to the dicks over at Area South," Alvin said. "One of the canvassing detectives interviewed a trucker who said that he saw a panel van fleeing the scene."