[ 026 ] what puts you on that ledge

𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

chapter twenty-six ; what puts you on that ledge
[ season two, episode sixteen ]

chapter twenty-six ; what puts you on that ledge[ season two, episode sixteen ]

"ALL RIGHT, Antonio's in with Cooper," Adam told them. They were in the bullpen. It was late. "He's got a sit-down with the guys who run the crew tomorrow."

Amy went up to the whiteboard. "Vince Parker." She put his picture up. "He did a dime down in Pontiac for hitting a bank back in '02. He got out and saw that the real money was in pharmaceuticals. His crew's responsible for a dozen heists ever since."

"Parker's a point man," Erin added. "If this crew did kill our undercover, he would've made the call."

"Right. But not without this guy's help." Amy put up another photo. "This is Terry Warfield. He's their hired muscle. He's got rap sheet for days. Manslaughter, armed robbery, assault."

Hank nodded slightly. He was leaning on Antonio's desk with his arms crossed. "All right. While Antonio tries to get in with these guys, the rest of you chase down every other lead we got. Talk to your CIs." He pointed at Erin with the following words, "you talk to Manning's wife."

Adam looked up the report he was reading. "Sarge, uh, in Lieutenant Guthrie's report, he said we talked to Manning's wife yesterday." He said this as he and Hank walked past each other.

"Look, Guthrie is too close to this. That's why they brought us in." Hank went and stood between Amy and Jay.

"Got it."

"Hey. A Chicago police officer is missing," Hank reminded them. "We do whatever it takes to find him. Everybody hear me on this. 'Cause I don't like telling people things twice. Al, I want you partnered up with Erin on this one. Rest of you, back 'em up."

꧁   ꧂

ONE DAY HAD PASSED of them working on the case, and Jay had brought an old friend to the district. Someone who could help them with the tech part of the job.

Mouse sat by Kevin's desk. "So, what, so you two were the guys that were in charge of the tech before, huh?" He asked the officers, pointing at them. "Let me ask you. You got a cat five of like a fiber wire, or..." he trailed off.

Adam and Kevin did not understand what Mouse was asking them. "Uh... what— what do you think?" Kevin asked.

"I'll figure it out." Mouse gave Kevin two thumbs up.

Just then, Amy walked through the door, and her eyes landed on Mouse. Jay hadn't told her he was bringing Mouse in because he wanted it to be a surprise.