stuck with me

The anxiety that Brynlee felt when she thought she lost Sheen was overpowering. She's always been an independent girl and hasn't relied on anyone for happiness. She liked that she only needed herself to be happy and that she wasn't reliant on anyone to give it to her. That all changed when she met Sheen. Something about him just made her need him. It was almost like if he wasn't okay then she couldn't be okay either. And if he was happy then she was overjoyed.

Brynlee has never been quite sure what it was that drew her to Sheen. It could've been that he had the deepest but softest brown eyes she had ever seen. Or it could have been that he actually had style, unlike every other boy in her school. Every other boy would simply wear athletic t-shirts and shorts or sweatpants. But not Sheen. Sheen dressed in graphic tees and cargo pants and he has quite the sneaker collection. His personality was a whole different story. He was quiet but kind. He has depression and anxiety, like Brynlee, and just like Brynlee, he masked it. It's never been easy for Brynlee to talk to people, but once she started conversating with Sheen, she couldn't stop. He actually understood her and made her feel seen. They went together so perfectly and it felt to both of them that they complete each other. They were like puzzle pieces that fit together in uniform fashion. Two puzzle pieces trying to find themselves the box called "life", but along the way they met and not only did they meet, but they clicked. It didn't take long at all for them to become close with each other, let alone fall for each other

When Brynlee finally texted Sheen back after recovering from her worry she said

The dream was just awful.. I don't really want to talk about it.

Not even a minute passes before Sheen replies.

I'm on my way over now.

Brynlee knew she couldn't fight Sheen on this and that no matter what she couldn't change his mind about coming over to comfort her. Sheen is stubborn and hard headed it could get annoying at times, but it's just another thing that Brynlee loves about him.

Only seven minutes pass before Brynlee hears a knock on her door. She quickly sat up from her position on her bed and answered the door. Her eyes meet Sheen's and Sheen can tell that she has been crying. It's a beautiful fall day so Sheen reaches behind Brynlee and shuts the door so they can talk in the fresh air.

Sheen takes Brynlee's face in both of his hands while assuring her,
"Brynlee, whatever the dream was, you're stuck with me.. whether you like it or not. I'm not going anywhere."

The soft words make Brynlee feel safe. Tears begin to roll down her face but she tries to laugh to cover it up. She moves her sleeves over her hands and brings her hands up to wipe the tears away. Sheen pulls her into a hug. He hates seeing her cry, he only witnessed it a couple times but each time it breaks his heart. Sheen plants a kiss on the top of Brynlee's head and loosens his grip so they are no longer hugging but his hands remain on her shoulders.

"Let's head inside. I'm starving." Brynlee says after a pause that feels like hours.
"I ate yesterday." Is the statement Sheen gave her in reply while flashing a smile because he knew he'd receive a lecture along with Brynlee's signature mom look.

Sheen hardly eats and it bothers Brynlee to the core. It's one of the many things on Brynlee's list of things to worry about. She has about 100 things on that list and Sheen is the source of 99 of them. She only worries about him that much because she cares about him that much. She knows Sheen cares for her as well, be just expresses it in other ways than worrying.