In the beginning

It was the end of middle school everyone was excited for high school except, me. I just wanted to get off this damn continent. Moving to Australia, wasn't my idea. It was actually a choice my parents had made, to save themselves.

Being the only American in the school was challenging.....well I take that back it was hell.

What made it worse? My Dads' business partner Benjamin Hood, had a son my age, Calum. He was a god, and I was nothing more than a mere faulty mistake made by God. He had beautiful brown eyes, his skin was smooth, his hair made me want to mess it up to see if it'd still be perfect no matter what.

"I'm sure they'll get married someday it'd be perfect if they did" our parents would fawn over the idea of us together. We both distasted one and another, always "accidentally" bumping the other into the pool, or calling each other names.

In school, I hid from him, and his friends who took the initiative of picking on me as well. I was nominated for homecoming court all three years, as a joke, because no one voted for me, because well Calum told them too. I had my locker lock replaced over 10 times. My lunch stolen, and more importantly, the big end of middle school dance for the eighth grade, Calum's parents had told Calum he couldn't go with Francesca Jones, that he had to go with me. My parents told me I had to say yes, dreadfully I did as I was told.

That night after many pictures and our parents dropping us off we drifted apart in our separate ways, I sitting at a table texting my mother when I was able to come home, and him getting grinded upon by the whores of the eighth grade. I sat there, when Calum found me.
"You look nice"
I raised my eyebrows, I thought I deserved a bit better than "nice" but I took it. In my short white dress, with my gold shoes, and necklace, I felt perfect.

"M're" Calum motioned toward himself, I leaned forward, only to feel something cold, run down the front of my dress, it was cherry soda, his favourite. I think you guys can fill in what I did afterwards, I went home. In tears.

After that?

I was sent to live with my grandparents for the years of highschool and every break I had the option to go home, I didn't. Until now.