14

Six days had gone by since Maze removed herself from the club, Lewis seemed to be very supportive of her absence though he did miss having his "star." He let her know to take as much time as she needed and she would, as she was still coping with so much, especially the lunch date with her mother.

Blu was emotional when she eventually told him how that day went, there was nothing particularly fond about remembering her attempt at drowning. There was nothing great about hearing Miss Valorie had cancer.

He encouraged her to make up to her and after deep consideration, she called her mother apologizing for the way she said what she did and the circumstances they were under, but as for what was said, she meant that.

She'd only talked on the phone with her since, though Maze had met up with her dad yesterday, who had showered her in gifts, and admiration, while pressing that she be a little more understanding of her mother's predicament. That Valorie was scared, and that that woman was tough as nails, it was different seeing her in such a dynamic.

Maze could understand things better through his point of view and there was some residual guilt for dumping so much on her in the restaurant, however she did feel it was necessary. Because after getting that off her chest, it made her feel...different. And then confessing to Blu about her complicated feelings for him that same night, she felt a burden had been lifted off of her shoulders. Her dad asked about him too, obsessively chatting about Blu and his life like she didn't already know he'd given his stamp of approval ages ago.

"He's dating this girl."

"Is he now?"

"Mhmm, he really likes her." She tried not to sound so deflated about it.

"More than you?"

"That's impossible, isn't it?"

They laughed at her little joke for a beat or two before it died down.

"Don't get too cocky." He'd said.

"I know, I know."

It was refreshing to see him and extremely difficult to part ways and not only because she couldn't grab so many shopping bags at once. She missed her father so much that she could feel the smile on her face from just thinking about their fun day together.

Currently, Blu was on a video chat with her parents, catching up enthusiastically and letting Valorie know that he had her in his prayers. He was talking about some Shaman in Oahu that he'd heard stellar reviews about, encouraging her that it'd be in her favor to check him out if she wasn't a fan of invasive surgery.

The sun had risen not too long ago, Maze lay comfortably in his bed wrapped up in sheets still warm with his body heat. She hadn't returned to sleep in her bed just yet and she probably wasn't about to anytime soon. Being next to him made her feel protected, especially at night. Sometimes they'd talk for hours or drift off instantly, her arms around him or his around her. She loved it here. And it didn't help that he'd grown mighty comfortable chilling in just boxers... her influence, of course. It was great, truly, although being in such close proximity wearing so few clothes had her hormones raging.

She'd shift ever so slightly while they slept and be met with wood so hard it made her mouth water, which made her wiggle into him a bit more. He'd mumble her name warningly, voice heavy with sleep, or he'd pinch her thigh to get her to stop but she needed him, bad.

While he paced, distracted by conversation, she eyed him appreciatively.

His boxers were weighed down low enough that his "V" line was on full display, sharp, defined. He was always so sinewy and lean, like an Olympic swimmer, which made Maze even more curious. Her staring had become indiscreet, as she pondered on just how hung Blu was because the way his boxers seemed to struggle was downright uncalled for... she bit her lip. When she looked back up, he was watching her with an arrogant smirk on his face, having ended the conversation with her parents.