25

Maze stood right outside of Shebazz's studio apartment, a box at her feet and the handle to her suitcase within her grasp.

Should she knock on the door with a smile on her face and shout surprise? Or give him a sob story?

Perhaps she should've felt ashamed for attempting to rebuild a bridge she was quick to burn in the first place, but she just couldn't bring herself to stay around Valorie for an unspecified amount of time again, even if it might've been one extra day.

Maze had helped (and done) enough.

And anyway, it wasn't like she was begging for Shebazz to take her back, she just could use a place to crash to give Blu his space away from her and vice versa. Plus, the two of them needed to have a real conversation; she had some things she wanted to get off her chest when it came to Shebazz, notably an apology.

When they first started dating, her intentions didn't involve sabotaging their relationship, she truly didn't mean for it to crash and burn but she made it that way in favor of Blu and sadly this wasn't the first time where she had repeated such a pattern. Her friendship with Blu came before any romance and in her mind, that's how it would always be. However, this would be her first time owning up to her mistakes only because Shebazz deserved that much. He was an amazing boyfriend, there was no denying that and she used it against him. He was a good man who didn't deserve that.

Point, blank, period.

A part of her, as teeny as it was, couldn't deny the fact that she was hoping Blu would fumble up and check her location and be sick with the thought of what she could possibly be doing at her ex's. Maze wasn't quite over all of the insults he threw her way, considering the trip she planned was just for his birthday and he basically called her a walking tornado. It wasn't all bad but god forbid Blu admit that he actually enjoyed himself that first day. He could be such an ass sometimes. Not even a "thank you, Maze," or "you're the best, Maze," let alone "I'm a munch for you, Maze."

Simple things that made a girl feel good.

Of course, now she'd be the first to confirm that her and Blu were soulmates to anyone who would listen but that went without saying, although it didn't mean that they were unfamiliar to arguments. Little tiffs here and there that seemed to be growing more serious in topic and expanding in dramatics as the weeks went by.

She could speak for the both of them in saying that the tension between them was cackling and electrified due to the fact that there was no proper channel, no outlet to direct all of the feelings they had for one another, so verbally fighting was becoming the next best thing.

The best thing was sex.

Maze was aching for it in any position, anywhere, didn't matter the time at all, she was just slowly losing her mind with how bad she needed Blu inside of her. Nothing could help if it wasn't him.

Attitude or not, Blu felt it too, she was sure. And on a broader standpoint, he knew life was dull without her. Boring. Dry.

But Blu could have that stiff ass peace for tonight that he so desperately wanted since he timed his slew of insults the morning after she confessed that she loved him. So much for vulnerability. Jerk.

Maze was certain he was already beginning to miss her, from the looks of his little text. Honestly she was debating on whether or not to attend his art exhibit. Why would he want her there if she fucked everything up, as he so eloquently stated? They both knew he needed to give her a proper apology before she even considered stepping into the gallery.

She shook her head, the small act helping to clear up her thoughts a little, realizing she'd been standing outside of Shebazz's suite for a good minute.