00.1 In Days Past

The youngest sister of Aerys II Targaryen, daughter of Jaehaerys II and Shaera Targaryen, did not marry her brother.  

The belief that the king should have more than one queen had grown outdated when she came of age to be wed.

So, the Princess, Saenera, was married off, away from home, but she would be happier than her sister, married to the not-yet Mad, Prince Aerys.

Her mother secured her match, with the future lord of High Garden, the elder brother of Mace Tyrell, Melvan.

The couple was happy, and in love, but their joy was not fated to last.

A mysterious skirmish between Melvan Tyrell and the young King, resulted in the death of the Lord of High Garden, leaving his wife in mourning, and in fear of approaching the capital.

It was said that the former Princess was prepared to hang herself, with almost everyone she cared for dead, and her elder brother being rumored to have killed her husband.

She would have hung herself, if not for a sickness which overtook her.

It is said that it was so severe that the Lady expelled vomit each morning for two weeks, until a Maester concluded that she was with child.

A child to be born after the death of her father.

The new Lord of High Garden, Saenera's good brother, Mace Tyrell, only ten years old, allowed her to stay in High Garden.

There, during her pregnancy, she grew to be a true daughter to the Queen of Thorns

She would have lived in comfort, and somewhat satisfaction after the baby was born.  

The baby, a girl with locks of pale white hair, but with golden eyes like the sun.

The former Princess called her Arcene in her last moments, so Arcene became her name, the name of the orphan, raised as a Tyrell.