1

Warning: things pretty much get chaotic af in the first few chapters. TW'S: shouting, fighting, scary Colby, colby being intimidating, possessed Colby.

Colby and Amber lived a simple life, with lifetime friends that were going to stick around forever and a YouTube career that was skyrocketing.

Colby was amazing at everything he did and loved to make videos in haunted places, much like Sam does- but Sam became traumatised from the queen Mary but he still wanted to pursue his career and love for making his fans happy and so the duo continued making videos- videos that would grow and grow and grow like wildfire. It was incredible.

Amber however wasn't into the paranormal, she didn't believe in it but she was there to support Sam and Colby on each and every one of their videos whether that meant recording, being their right hand woman... whatever they needed she was there. Katrina, Sam's girlfriend, sometimes tagged along but she was spooked often, much like Amber. However all of them didn't and most definitely wouldn't realise how much paranormal investigating could truly turn from a fun activity for views straight into a nightmare.

The conjuring house

"You ready to be scared shitless?" Colby laughed out wrapping an arm around my shoulders as I rolled my eyes playfully "mhm, sureee. But if I get killed I'm suing you Colby brock" I said and he beamed, chuckling softly as he pressed a kiss to my forehead "I wouldn't ever let that happen to you... I'll protect you. No demon can harm you when I'm here"

"You can't tell me you don't believe in the paranormal after that" Katrina said into which I looked at her, fear visible on my face "I believe it 100% I'm a believer" I said into which everyone laughed and somewhat cheered, apart from Colby... he was oddly quiet. That was so unlike him. But I chose to ignore it... and let me tell you now that was the first massive mistake.

After a while of exploring around the house we chose to go down into the basement into which Katrina disliked massively there was an aura in the room that just wasn't nice, not welcoming at all.

"Why did the fence cry?" I suddenly asked trying to break the tension in the room "why?" Kat and Sam asked "because it was offenced" I said making Sam and Kat burst out laughing but Colby remained deadly silent, his eyes glaring daggers into me "that was not funny... you know your dumbass jokes aren't actually funny." Colby snapped, making everyone's eyes widen in shock.

"Dude chill what the hell," sam said in a disapproving tone but Colby just stared at him blankly before asking a simple "what?"

Maybe that should've been enough of a warning for me but he could've been tired? Or maybe just grouchy because we hadn't eaten much all day... or drank much for that matter. Sam and I shared a look but he shook his head, silently telling me Colby was fine.

Throughout that night the mistakes just kept coming and coming... no matter what Colby would be unhappy not breaking a smile... his usual happy welcoming self being hostile and rude.

"Maybe we should call it a day" sam suggested into which everyone agreed but Colby remained silent and as soon as we got out of the basement he changed, a smile reappearing upon his face as he grabbed a hold of my hand intertwining his fingers with mine and as soon as we got out of the house, all the concern washed away, he was his happy self. We could return back to normal now...

Oh, how I was so wrong.