▬ 𝗔 𝗕𝗼𝘆 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗔 𝗪𝗼𝗹𝗳

Musk Reef, Mondstadt

"Here we go again." A certain wanderer muttered under his breath upon reaching a certain pathway down the abyss. He gazed down and the abyss gazed back. Memories of the past started to replay in his mind.

Although this wasn't the path he usually takes to go down, it's the closest way to go since he's avoiding the region of Snezhnaya for personal purposes.

Going down, he battled enemies on each floor and the further down he goes, the tougher the enemies get. Struggling at the final chamber of the 12th floor, he clicked his tongue in disappointment for himself. The past him would've cleared everything so easily especially if Y/n was with him.

Anemo is an element that he's still trying to control perfectly, and all by himself without elemental reactions is such a waste of time.

"Get out of the way!" He exclaimed after finally clearing the last floor. The path that leads further opened and without second thoughts, he dove down.

The devastation of the area was so evident and although war has broken out a long time ago, it still looks like it is ongoing.

No sign of human life and even the vegetation looks so abnormal. Of course, monsters are stronger and even a group of hilichurls feels like fighting two Oceanids at once.

As he moved on, he found traces of exploration around the area. One of which is a familiar device pasted onto a rock. Knowing what it is he quickly destroys it before it can detect him.

"So, even without me the Jester still managed to have someone investigate the abyss." He muttered, kneeling down to examine what he just destroyed.

He wonders who would be the one to investigate in his stead. Childe? A big possibility since he has a history of being in the abyss but knowing the Jester he probably put him in Liyue again.

Signora? Hah, not one chance, even without him in their ranks, he learned that she still died the same way. The other harbingers are also a no since if the Fatui's plans are still the same, they are prioritizing collecting the gnosis.

Which only means that there is someone else or someone new that took over his place and did what he was supposed to. Since "Scaramouche" is no longer known, and the 6th seat is still empty, the Jester must have found someone and hidden them from the public.

"How complicated..." He muttered and moved even further into the abyss. As he was looking around, he, unfortunately, stumbled upon a bigger group of hilichurls with a variety of abyss mages.

Clicking his tongue as they noticed him, he attacked and took down the archers while trying to break the mages' shields by swirling their element with the other.

Even if he was stronger enough to take them down, enemies kept spawning in every kill that he was back to a corner. Just as he was about to use the akasha terminal that Nahida gave him, enemies began to disintegrate like dust after a swift slash from a sword.