𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗗𝗲𝗺𝗼

"𝗬/𝗻: 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗳 𝗥𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲"

"Say, what would it take me to convince you to be a sage at the Akademiya? You know that we're still having problems finding suitable candidates to replace the past ones. Even Acting Grand Sage approves of you." Lesser Lord Kusanali asked as she was being served a warm cup of tea in her office.

"I've told you over and over again. I don't want to, being your secretary is already a handful. Besides, if I get too busy being a sage, I won't be able to have time for myself." Y/n replied as she organized the papers that the archon just finished going through.

"Time for yourself? or for him?" Nahida asked with a knowing look making Y/n laugh at her attempt to tease.

"What difference does it make? Either way, I don't want to be a sage, I'll let the mortals handle that boring work. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have someone I need to meet in half an hour." She says and bid goodbye to her boss and friend before leaving her office.

Taking a peaceful stroll through the Akademiya, students regardless of gender can't help to look her way. Whispering with each other as they hold a picture of a male who has a few qualities as her from a magazine hailing in Inazuma.

"Secretary Y/n, there you are!" One Matra approached her just as she was to exit the Akademiya.

"Better make it quick, I'm not working overtime." She said with a cold glare, scaring the matra. He simply gave her a document that came from their general before leaving. Reading through it quickly she sighed before setting it into flames. 

"Hmm, I have twenty minutes to spare. I'll make this quick." She muttered before walking out the door and running to the fence before jumping down to the main street of the city, transforming into a fox mid-air, and running quickly to her destination.

In a secluded area in the wild stood a group of people, split into two factions. One of which is Akademiya students and the other is the fatui. 

"As per our agreement, the fatui will fund your research in exchange for intel but before that, are you sure that nobody followed you?" A fatui agent accompanied by other fatui soldiers asked the students who nervously reassured them.

A bush rustling took their attention and they got on guard only to see a small white fox pop out of the bush.

"Tsk, shoo!" One student exclaimed as the Fatui agent told them that it was just an animal and continued their conversation.

"Wait, is it just me or did that fox seem to be listening?" One student asked.

"It's just a damn fox, get rid of it." The fatui agent ordered a pyro slinger to shoot it but to their surprise, the fox dodged with ease. Thinking that it was a fluke, they tried to shoot it again, only to fail.

"Boss, something's not right." A hydro-gunner said when the fox looked back at them with a sharp glare, its eyes shining like gold. It dashed forward and swiftly knocked out the soldiers and students, leaving the agent all alone before she transformed into her human form.

"Damn it, so you're not just a fox!" The agent exclaimed before turning invisible.

"Hmph, Stay still" She muttered and summoned homing kitsune tails, tracking the invisible enemy and marking him with a sakura mark revealing where he moves. Stunned by her attack, the agent was barely standing Y/n could only smirk.

"Strike Down." She said as she unleashed a powerful thunderstrike on him and her electro petals surrounded her as she slashed the enemy reinforcement.

When she was done, no enemies were left standing for the matras to fight. Among the matras who arrived, their general appeared and approached her.

"We can take it from here, secretary Y/n." Cyno informed.

"Took you long enough. Double-check every person here, who knows if someone is secretly listening." She said before running to catch a certain meet-up at a cafe. Cyno looked at the devastation of the battle and questioned himself about her.

"Just a secretary who can fight for self-defense, she says. Seems to me that there's more to it than that." He says. For the secretary that worked for their archon and that asked him for cases related to fatui for personal reasons, he began to contemplate if he should offer her to be a matra instead.

Y/n, on the other hand, barely arrived at the meeting spot on time. A wanderer who was sitting by the corner saw her look as if she rushed over here and could simply sigh as she apologized for being late when it was just a few minute difference.

"I waited for you for years and you're worried about me being mad that you'll be late for a few minutes?" He asked with his arms crossed.

"It's a force of habit, sorry." She said as the food he have ordered just arrived.

"Talking about being late, I've been meaning to give you this." He said and placed a small box on the table and slid it to her side. She asked what was inside of it but he just let her find out herself. Gently opening the box, her eyes were greeted with a ring adorned with a precious stone shaped like a cherry blossom.

Shocked by the gift, she was left speechless as she looked back at the Wanderer who was smiling at her as he leaned on his hand which was resting on the table. He reminded her of the past when they had promised to live as a family forever And though things tuned into the unexpected, he still wanted to keep that promise with her.

"Y/n, be my wife"

"Gladly"