Reagan.R

Lately I've noticed something different about myself when I'm with my co-team leader and best friend Brett Hand. I'll admit that at first I didn't trust him, mainly because he appeared out of the blue, right before I got MY promotion, and that he had no experience, but he's grown on me. He is kind, positive and nurturing. Like a golden retriever. For some reason this man has shown me that not everything in the world is bad. For months I've watched him get fawned over by all types of women which pisses me the fuck off. They just want him for his perfect face and fit body, and his long- STOP WHAT AM I THINKING??

"Reagan? You okay girl, you just zoned out on me." I now remember what I was doing before I started thinking about Brett. "Yeah, I'm fine Gigi just lost in thought." I grab my coffee that is lukewarm now and continue listening to Gigi talk shit about the Illuminati. Suddenly Brett comes into the conference room with another poster board with a cute, excited look on his face. "Reagan! I have a great idea to celebrate that we hit 1,000 conspiracies concealed!" He exclaimed. He's now gained everyone's attention. "Right, I forgot we hit that a couple days ago." Andre commented, for once he didn't have a bong in his hand. "Well what's your idea, honey?" Gigi asked intrigued. He slid his poster board across the table so it was between me and Gigi. A company gala. To my surprise it wasn't as extravagant as some of Brett's other company-involved ideas. The poster board was basically an invite; it had the date and everything. a week from today at 7 pm. All of a sudden I'm pulled into a hug lifting me out of my chair and into the air. Brett swirls me around before setting me on the ground. He whispers, "I know you might still be feeling down about having to let Staedtler go, but I think this party will be good for you." Then he pulled away and I looked into his dark emerald eyes and felt myself blush a little. I turned away and tucked a hair behind my ear as I composed myself "So is it a yes, boss?" He said with his puppy dog smile. I chuckled and said "Hell yeah it is," and collapsed back in my chair with a grin. Everyone celebrated. Gigi immediately started posting on her Insta how lit this party was gonna be, Myc and Andre started chatting about what kind of drugs they were gonna take, Glenn was keenly listening to them while air boxing in excitement. Brett had turned on the party lights and was dancing on the table. I've noticed he was kinda passionate about three main forms of art, crafts, music, and dancing. He did want to be a puppeteer when he was little before his shitty family shut it down. Its so fucked up that a person as nice as Brett came from such an egotistical family. But now that I'm watching him dance on this table, with the widest smile on his face, I can see that he has learned to be happy and forget about what they think. He's grown from when he started here, he doesn't let people walk all over him anymore. And when he curses there is something about it that turns me on. WAIT WHAT? I shake that thought away suddenly embarrassed as if said it out fucking loud. All of a sudden I'm dragged out of the room decorated with disco lights into the hall. It was Gigi. She had this look on her face that she gets when she has a scheme. "Whats up, Gigi? You have that look that says you're up to something." Then she says something that makes the hair on my neck stand up, my body tense, my face redden in seconds, and my heart beat quicken as if I've chugged 10 pounds of drugs.

"You have a crush on Brett, don't you?"