Brett.H

From when I first met Reagan there was something about her that made me want to do whatever she said. That made me want to help her in every way I can. She is truly the most amazing person I've ever met. I planned this party specifically to ask her to dance but I'm really nervous about it. What if she thinks I'm completely insane and never talks to me again? It's a week away though so it's fine, I have time to prepare. No big deal-io, just keep it real-io. I wonder what Gigi and Reagan are talking about though.

Soon enough it's time to head home and Reagan and Gigi left a while ago before their shifts ended. "So Brett, I noticed you got a little crush on Reagan am I right?" Andre says as we walk out the doors of Cognito. I stop dead in my tracks and my face is flooded with heat in an instant. "Wh-ha-hat? No-o-o! W-why would I have a crush on Reags? Reagan is great but no." I try to lie but the nausea is making it hard. "Come on, dude it's so obvious, the way you follow her around, the way you guys are closer than everyone in this office, you are the only one she hugs! Have you noticed that!" Andre stops in front of me so he can explain his point further. "Duude, your ears and nose have been red ever since I mentioned her name." I cover my ears in mortification as he points it out. "Still, I don't have a crush on her I just think she's amazing." Andre just raises his eyebrow and stares at me. "Whatever, Andre, leave me the hell alone." I say and walk past him, slightly frustrated with him being able to fluster me up so easily as well as myself for being so see through. I might have a little crush on Reagan but what does it matter? She's still broken up about Staedtler, I don't wanna make things worse. I glance in the rear view mirror and notice that my entire face, ears included have gone red. I slam my head against the steering wheel in even deeper frustration and take a deep breath. I start the car and drive home.

When I get there I open the door to my apartment and take off my shoes. I go to my room andchange into some comfy 80s style clothes and eat and play Minecraft for a while. It's been about 3 hours now and my eyes are starting to hurt. I look over at the clock and it's 11:34. All of a sudden my phone starts ringing. It's Reagan. Why is she calling me this late. "What up Reags?" I hear a bunch of giggling that sounds like Gigi. "Uh, hello? Gigi? You still with me?" I sit up on my couch and wait patiently for any kind of answer. I think I hear Reagan in the background trying to get Gigi to hang up and give her her phone back. "Don't tell him Gigi, please he's gonna be so upset!" I hear the clear cry from Reagan as if she screamed it. "Guys? What's going on?" I plead with a little concern. "Do you wanna know a secret, Brett-boy?" I'm kind of reluctant to hear it but I say yes and I am so shocked at the response I get from Gigi that I drop and break my phone.

"Reagan is in love with you"