(9) Wishful Thinking

I HELD ONTO MY rapidly beating chest as I pressed my back on the door of the student council room

I HELD ONTO MY rapidly beating chest as I pressed my back on the door of the student council room. I didn't know why I felt that way, and I honestly didn't even know what this feeling meant. But one thing's for certain...

I'm in big trouble.

"Adlawan?" A voice called out, making me lift my head up to see who it was. For a second, I thought it would be a professor who was ready to scold me for blocking the council office, but instead, a big guy wearing glasses stood in front of me instead.

It was the vice president, Mark Benedict Ramos, who also happens to be Aries's closest friend.

"What are you doing here? Do you need anything?" He asks, and I immediately move away from the door and awkwardly laugh it off.

"N-No, my apologies. I was hoping to talk to President Buan, but it seems that he's sleeping. I didn't want to disturb him, so I just left."

"He's sleeping?"

"But since you're already here, can you give him a message? At 4:30 PM, that's my last class for the day. If he's free, ask him to head to the fountain. I want to ask something from him," I say, and before Mark could even open his mouth to ask anything, I ran off in complete embarrassment.

"I'm sorry...for what I said. Please don't ignore me because of it." I remember Aries saying as I continued to run down the hallway like I had committed a crime.

Was he awake that entire time? Was he sleep-talking? If that's the case, then I'm not the one he was apologizing for, right? There's just no way he's saying sorry to me because he literally won't benefit from doing such a thing.

But what if he was?

No, Dom, it doesn't matter. Who cares about that guy? We hate him, remember? He finds us annoying, remember? You can't let that guy fool you just because he was talking nonsense. We're only going to talk to him because we're going to ask for his notes. After that, we're not going to speak to him anymore. We're not even going to think about him.

Is what I said, but...

"Dom!" Vicki suddenly shouted in my ear, making my entire body flinch.

"What?!" I angrily ask back, scratching my ear as Vicki and the rest of my friends stand from their seats, making me realize that classes are finally over.

"The professor left five minutes ago, and you didn't even listen to the entire lecture. Are you sure you're okay, or do you want us to bring you to the hospital?" Vicki nags, making me sigh and close my empty notebook shut.

Okay, I said that I wasn't going to be thinking about Aries, but right after saying all that, my mind was suddenly filled with him. I told the vice president to ask him to go to the fountain, so I was feeling way too nervous. I've been talking high and mighty earlier, but now I'm acting like a total chicken.