Chapter 7

Charlie took out a key for the room and showed it to me. She inserts the key, turns it, and carefully pushes the door open. We both enter after she turns on the lights next to the door from the inside. For a while, Charlie spins about while holding out her arms. So, what do you think?"

There was a bed that was three times my size and length. Alastor and I will both fit perfectly in it. I keep looking around, and in front of the white bed I see a large desk with a lamp on top. I stroll over the door and open it, revealing a typical restroom for a larger demon. There was another door on the left wall. Charlie grinned subtly, "Another reason why I suggested a separate rooms for the two of you is well, the bathroom. It's okay we have another restroom where it's perfect for your size."

I gave her a friendly smile as I stood up straight and brushed the dust from my clothing. "It's perfect, thank you." Charlie joyfully clapped her hands and left while grinning. "Happy to help. Here is your key." I left the bathroom and caught the key that Charlie threw my way. She closes the door behind her as she exits the room and hum a tune. I approach the tall bed and slowly sag down after resting on the chilly blankets. I let out a loud sigh and put up a finger to telekinetically push myself onto the tall bed. I carefully sat down on the plush mattress and looked over at the two cupboards that were adjacent to the bed's side. When I opened one, I discovered a bludgeoned book: "The Falling in Love Montage, By: Ciara Smyth."  I set the book on my lap after shoving the dust from it. Leaning into the pillow to achieve comfort, I pushed it up against the headboard of the bed.

Upon first glance, I assumed that the book was Charlie's and that it was a lesbian love story, but I did not care. I won't worry what it was as long as I could read it without encountering any sexual scenes. The story's opening page is on the page I find when I open the book.

~~~

A few hours later, I was lying on my stomach with a big pillow under me. In my pocket, my phone began to vibrate. In order to keep my place in the book, I reluctantly bent the book page as I sat up. I put the book down onto the bed and I hunted for the hole within the layers of my dress. I retrieved my small, red phone and turned it on.

A notification appeared from my...

Sister

Why? What does she want this time? I tap on her name to reveal our conversation.

BADEGG: need u to come 2 the pa house, tomorrow evening at 12pm. family meetin

A family meeting? Is it about the family business? What's going on? How odd, my family hasn't contact me ever since I married Alastor. A ring came from my phone, and I look at the name.

GRAN-GRAN

I smiled at the name, well, almost all of my family hasn't contacted me. My grandma is always there for me, and he doesn't care about Alastor. In fact, she likes him. I tap on the green symbol on my phone and raised it up on ear. 

"Hel-"

"HEY! Is this thin' on?" 

"Yes, grandma. I can hear you nice and clear. What is it gran?"

"Uuh, wait, shit, why did I call you?... ALBERT!" 

My grandparents started arguing shortly after, and then she resumed responding to my question.

"Oh, right. Got yo sista's text?"

"...Yes, I did. What's that about? Pretty sure, father send her to do that."

"Meh, pretty sure he did send her. It better be good or I'm beatin' that guy up!"

"I feel like it's probably the family business."

"Shit, I don't know and I don't give a shit. My business is goin' fine. Though, I don't understand why he wanted ya ass. Ya don't sing no more!"

"You're right. It must be an emergency if he needs me."

"Or that bastard wants some moneh. Are ya taking Alastor with cha? Ya know, use him to scare that worthless piece of a man."

"Certainly not, gran. I can't take Alastor, my family will refuse to let me in and I'm curious as to what is happening in the family."

"Damn, I really wanted ya to take that Alastor... Ya know the phase; curiosity kills the demon. Literally, almost killed meh once."

"I won't get kill, trust me."

"So that means yer goin'?"

"Yes, gran gran. Without Alastor, you aren't going to convince me otherwise."

"How the fuck yer managing to leave that god damn mansion without yo hubby noticing that yer gone, huh?"

I sighed, "I'll have to lie to him."

"Lying? TO AN OVERLORD! Are ya crazy? Yer dead before ya can even get there."

"I'll be fine, gran. It's getting late. I'll see you tomorrow evening."

"Yea, guess I'll see ya there. Sleep, sweetheart."

As soon as the call was over, I collapsed onto the bed—or what I believed to use to be the bed. My neck and chest are encircled by a pair of long arms. I became aware that Alastor most likely overheard my talk, and my pupils shrank. Alastor chuckled at my reaction to him as he rocked me back and forth in his arms.

"Why lie to me, darling?" His smile became even wider as his eyes grew more darkly. I shivered a lot and uncomfortably put my hand on his arm. "I'm sorry..." I simply said and he didn't see satisfied at my response. 

"Now, darling, I'll let this go but I better not catch you doing this again."

"Okay, Alastor."

"Now, we must get ready early in the morning!" After grinning, he released me from his grasp. When I talked, he stopped in his tracks after getting out of bed and heading toward the restroom.

"Get ready for what?"

"To meet your family, of course. I never got the chance to meet them." 

"That's because they don't like you. It's best if I go, Alastor."

"Don't be silly. What if you get hurt traveling there?"

"Alastor, you gave me telekinesis for that reason?"

"I know but that's only limited, my dear. I don't know how long you will be gone for. It's best if I'm there too. Besides, this is an opportunity to get to know my in-laws."

Knowing he won't give up; I consent and invite him to join me. He was right, though; I do want my family to at least get to know Alastor before making a judgment on whether they like him or not. He's behaving well... As soon as I heard the water running, I got out of bed and put on my pink nightgown, which Alastor had purchased for me. I slowly levitate over the bed and lay down. I raise the blanket to cover my body and place my head on the fluffy cushion. I closed my (f/c) eyes and drifted off to sleep.

~~~

Remember to vote, thx u <3

Tea With the Bookworm: Alastor x Reader || Hazbin Hotel (Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara