Chapter 16

You could hear loud singing getting louder and closer to you while you read to the lifeless body. You put the book down, close it, then quickly pick up the white rifle and set it back on the box. A loud gasp is heard as you kick it beneath the bed. Inigo is behind the door with a hole in it when you tilt your head in the direction of the gasp. Knowing that your father would desire your head, Inigo called for your parents. You remain in the same place. Where might you run? No matter what, your family will only stop you. But as your parents sprinted in the general direction of the screaming, you retreated a step. When your father entered the room and she saw Reina's lifeless body on the floor and her dead body, your mother sobbed.

"What did you do?" Your father took a step closer to you as he tightened his grip, and you glared at him.

He tried to punch you with his uplifted hand, but a black tenacle sliced off your father's arm. In an effort to stop the blood from spilling onto the floor, your father yelled and collapsed to the ground. You felt a touch on your shoulder as laughter filled the room. Alastor. Alastor gestures with his microphone toward your father, who was pleading for assistance.

"Think of that as a warning!" Alastor looked down at you and chuckled at your father's suffering. "Are you ready to leave? I don't think your family would want you around anymore." You nodded your head, which made the red monster smile even more. Your mother came over to Alastor and began slapping his legs. Alastor's neck snapping in half and going completely black, you pushed your mother away.

"Alastor, don't even think about it!" Loud radio static fills the space as you glare at your husband, whose antler has slightly grown. Your mother fell to the ground as a result, and you noticed that your vision was becoming blurry. 

Darkness...

~~~

When you awoke, you found yourself in a typical red garden sitting in a highchair that raised you so you could see Alastor's face in front of you. In front of you was a glass table with some tea and elegantly stacked French macarons on a pink cake stand. Warm tea and a slice of red velvet cake were placed in front of you on a little plate with a flower pattern. In addition to the plate, perhaps a book. You wriggle your forehead and groan in pain. Alastor folded the newspaper while placing his dark coffee down.

"Darling! You're awake! I must apologize for overdoing it." Alastor sits down with his palms on his knees and sets his newspaper on the glass table. You had a slight, stinging pain on your chest and an angry grumble from your stomach. Grabbing the fork with trembling, you cut a small slice of cake.

"How long was I knocked out for?" You place the small piece of cake in your mouth and chew slowly. 

"For a week." Alastor grabs his cup of coffee and watch as your eyes widened which made him a laugh slightly. "I know. I was surprises too. Don't worry, dear, I made sure you were taken care of. I just couldn't get you to eat, you would spit it back out." He scowled at the thought, and you sigh loudly. You suddenly feel like a truck-sized flood of memories is hitting you, and you swallow back your emotions. Alastor observed and put his coffee down slowly while cocking his head to the side.

"What's wrong, dear?" 

"It's just... I kill my own sister." Your right shoulder was touched, which caused you to startle, and your eyes drooped to your hands. You raise an eyebrow and gaze up at your husband, who is still wearing his renowned smile. His hand is on your shoulder and his arm is behind you, resting on the chair.

"Now, darling, you did it out of self-defense! Besides, if she were to kill you, I would have hunt her down. Regardless, she would have been dead!" After a brief period of laughter, he realized that his actions had just made matters worse because tears were now streaming from your eyes. He sighed, "You had no choice, my dear. After all, you gave her a peaceful death. It was self-defense." You were unsure of how Alastor acquired all that knowledge, but perhaps he performed on your body and combed through your memories? You didn't give a damn at this time, anyway. You turned your head to the front of the cake and gazed at it. You wipe your tears away with your hand. You inhaled deeply and let it all out.