Chapter 13

Alastor's POV

(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Other stories, By: Lewis Carroll)

"Chapter 1, Down the Rabbit-Hole." I calmly read the page, and above the lines was a white rabbit clutching an umbrella and gazing at his watch while wearing a checkered shirt and blouse. Such a stupid tale, but I recall that she always reads it after having a hard day. When she has time, she will also see the movies. She used to swat my hands away when I tried to touch her during her meltdowns, which simply made things worse for her. I tried tea first, but she wouldn't drink it, so I moved on to cupcakes, which made things far worse when she smelled them.

"Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, 'and what is the use of a book,' thought Alice, 'without pictures or conversations?'" I look up from the book and turn my head to the side, I noticed that (Y/N)'s breathing was slowing down and I'll occasionally hearing a few sniffles. 

"So she was considering, in her own mind (as well as she could, for the hot day made her very sleepy and stupid), whether the pleasure of making a daisy-chain would be worth the trouble of getting up and picking the daisies, when suddenly a white rabbit with pink eyes ran close by her." I continue to read the book to her, 'There was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it is so very much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!'" I saw that (Y/N) peak her eyes out of her hands and her eyes landed on the book, waiting for me to continue. 

"But, when the Rabbit actually took a watch out of its waistcoat-pocket, and looked at it and then hurried on, Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mind that she had never seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat-pocket, or a watch to out of it," I stopped reading when I heard shuffling next to me. (Y/N) got closer to me and placed her legs down. Her hands were resting on her thighs and her eyes look at me for a moment. My smile softened and she looked away in embarrassment. "And burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it, and was just in time to see it pop down a large rabbit-hole under the hedge."

I looked down to see her head lying on me after sensing something in my right biceps brachii. Although I was considering shoving her away, I'll allow this as well. Probably not the best time for her to ask for permission. She gave me a quick glance as I lowered the book. I gently patted her head with my raised left hand. She reaches out and takes my hand, thoroughly examining it. I just grin and let her do what she wants to my hand. I reciprocate her action by stroking each finger with your tiny, scarlet hand. I dropped my head to kiss her fingers while I gently massaged her index finger with my two fingers.

"Can I take care of your hands?" She asked me.

"Why darling?"

"Your hands looks disgusting without the gloves." 

I laughed some more, thinking it was of sort of odd joke but then I noticed that she wasn't laughing at all. Her eyes were kept on my hand, and I spoke, "No. I wear gloves for that reason."

"I know but when you touch me without it, it's gross." 

"I appreciate your honesty but I'm afraid I won't let you wash my hands." I pulled my hand away from hers and she pouted at that. At least, she feels better now. "We haven't done our teatime for quite a while. Do you wish to leave and have our tea date at home?" I smiled and expected a "yes" but instead she shook her head, no. I tilted my head to the side, confused on why she wants to stay here. She took noticed and respond, "I need to apologize to Reina. I really hurt and scare her... even the others."

"Why apologize? She was the one asking for it." I close the book and drop it to the shadows who caught it and disappeared back in the dark corner with it. 

"I know, I know but I should have been more patient with her. Besides, it's wrong to what I did to her." 

"You know dear," I grab her chin and slowly lift her head up to face me. "Do you feel guilty by your actions?"

She didn't say anything for a moment before speaking, "A little. I'll apologies tomorrow. I know she doesn't want to see me right now... or my family."

"Of course, dear." 

When there was a sudden knock on the door, (Y/N) attempted to get out of bed, but I swiftly restrained her. She followed my command to signal back. I approach the door and nudge it open. "Yes?" I question and look down to Gran-Gran. 

"Alastor, let me in! I gotta hear (Y/N)'s statement." Gran-Gran waited for me to further open the door, but I slowly shut it and returned my focus to my wife. I reopened the door after receiving her nod. She swiftly enters the room after letting Gran in and grinned at (Y/N).

"Sweetie, what in the actual fuck happen? I enter the dining room and your sister was bein' annoyin' than usual. But damn, that breakfast was good." Gran walk over to (Y/N) and took a seat on the bed.

"Gran, I'm sorry, I snap, and I hurt her. It's my fault." I am aware that it is unrelated to me that (Y/N) chose to sit next to her grandmother. I could see a green light coming from the phone that was sitting on the desk as the two women were speaking, so I quietly moved a few steps toward the desk. The screen of (Y/N) phone's which I took in my hand, showed two eyes with red sclera and light blue pupils, the left eye's contour being cyan, and a mouth with pointed teeth that was lit up in light blue. Vox. What a pain. Despite the fact that he never leaves me alone, I think I may amuse myself for a little while by fighting him for a bit.

"Darling, I'm afraid, I'll have to leave again. Business calls!" 

~~~

For now on, I'll be asking random questions at the bottom of the chapters. You don't need to answer, it is completely alright.

Remember to vote! 

What do you think of the book cover? 

I never edit or anything like that, so I did my best.